Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that when originally in production Opel offered a ski-rack for the GT, but I was wondering did they ever offer a trunk rack aswell.

If so, does anyone out there have any pictures (seeing either rack would be great) and does anyone know how they attach to the rear of the car?

·
Super Moderator
9,827 Posts
The one Gary has on his GT is by AMCO. It shows up on Ebay every so often, but, not too many times. It attaches at 4 points. the upper two actually are hinges, and the lower two have a thumb screw release to allow access to the gas cap.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Motor Mouth said:
I know that when originally in production Opel offered a ski-rack for the GT, but I was wondering did they ever offer a trunk rack aswell.

If so, does anyone out there have any pictures (seeing either rack would be great) and does anyone know how they attach to the rear of the car?
I have a trunk rack, but not any of the attaching points. You are welcome to it for the postage to ship it. Jarrell

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Pics of Racks

Motor Mouth said:

Here is a pic of both ski & Luggage racks. They are of the "bolt-on" type.
There is also a Luggage Rack that has been mentioned which requires drilling holes ( :eek: ) in the rear deck - two below the rear screen in which pivots fit and two just above the tail lip for clamp downs so the rack can be lifted for access to the gas cap. I have a pic of one of those - found it!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
GTJIM said:
There is also a Luggage Rack that has been mentioned which requires drilling holes ( :eek: ) in the rear deck - two below the rear screen in which pivots fit and two just above the tail lip for clamp downs so the rack can be lifted for access to the gas cap. I have a pic of one of those - found it!
Motor Mouth, the one I have is the 2nd picture that GTJIM posted. I don't have the upper two mounting attachments though. I was a little leery of drilling any more holes in the rear deck of mine though. Jarrell

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I knew you'd come up trumps, especially GTJim has Jim has photos of just about everything there is to photo..........GT related of course ;)

When my dad had his first GT,we had a ski-rack, that was 30+years ago and I could remember it then, but I never knew about AMCO one, does anyone have any idea what they're worth?

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
List Price

In July, 1974 the Ski Rack was listed at $US55.45
Considering that many GT rare spares now sell a 10X original cost a NOS Ski Rack must calculate out at ....... $US554.50 :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.