Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Detritus Maximus
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After Gordon's recent 'adventure', I thought I would post about the endoscope I have.

I bought it for a variety of reasons, not just automotive, and it has performed extremely well. I had a Ryobi type that used Bluetooth to connect to my phone and it was not really worth the money or effort. Fuzzy images, kept losing the connection if I was more than 10 feet away or too much metal interfering with the signal or the phone wouldn't stay attached. And it used regular batteries, not rechargable.
So, I started looking around. I found this one on Amazon and read all the reviews (usually with a big grain of salt).

It is a Teslong NTS300. I have to say it has a quality feel to it for the most part. A decent size pivoting screen and takes pics and video with a USB for downloading and recharging. If the image is upside down you can rotate it with a button. The version I bought has a choice of lens/probe length and an 8mm lens so it will fit inside the sparkplug hole.
The lens I have is a dual lens, you have the straight ahead lens and then you have a secondary lens that gives a 90* view to the side. This also is a 5 meter/16' long probe. The probe can be unscrewed for storage or swapped with a different probe/lens if you buy one.

I think I paid about $165. The Ryobi was $90 plus.

Here is a link:
https://teslong.com/products/nts300-industrial-endoscope?variant=31985221468273

·
Detritus Maximus
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought this might help as there are so many to choose from and no brand quality history to go by.
It's not professional quality like Milwaukee or SnapOn, but pretty darned good for the home user.
I have a motor I need to see into, maybe I can get pics later.

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I had a nice borescope that went missing after a garage door repair guy came to change the spring. He used hand tools from my box to do the work and a left them out while taking a few for himself. Didn’t notice for a couple of weeks and it was my word against his. Lesson learned. Now if anyone has access to the shop I’ll stand by and watch them work. Don’t care if they don’t like it.

Anyway, I replaced it with a Rigid unit. It is very nice, great picture and easy to use, but the camera head is too big to fit through the plug hole. So anyone shopping for one, look carefully at the size of the camera.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks...what is wrong with people?

Here's an idea, since it's the shopping season...
Collect all the used up gift cards from people you know. You want ones with little to nothing left of the balances. Put them and maybe some random other bits of paper in an old wallet. Leave it somewhere in obvious plain sight and see how long it remains there.
It could act as a decoy near other stuff.
The more cards in it, the more their eyes will light up! This is the season of joy, right? So bring some joy to someone, even if it is fleeting. And the more time they will waste finding out there is nothing there.

Reactions: JudokaJohn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts