Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't help but buy this newest old Opel for my collection, on German Ebay. This is an Opel sewing machine from 1875 as I have never seen one that was in such good and complete condition. It has all working locks with keys, original manual (I've never seen a surviving one before), oil can, and a collections of needles, bobbins, and a needle threader. This Opel just runs like a sewing machine! :ROFLMAO: :p (y)
I paid a fortune just for freight, but it was here in record time: Picked up in Berlin, Germany, last Wednesday, and delivered two days later, on Friday.

Dieter

Furniture Desk Hardwood Iron Antique Wood Carving Wood stain Font Antique Floor Wood Furniture Metal Flooring Text Paper Document Font Airplane Furniture Hardwood Table Antique Room Sewing machine Household appliance accessory Antique Sewing Machine Metal Art Footwear Wood Denim Textile Shoe Branch Still life Plant Illustration Art Sewing machine Household appliance accessory Sewing machine needle Machine Antique

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Together with Fritz Opel's Bierkrug (beer stein) in the last picture (which he got for winning a bicycle race in 1899), the stars in my collection!

Tire Automotive tire Material property Automotive wheel system Rim Metal Bronze Coin Bronze Brass Trunk Antique Furniture Chest Box

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That is cool!

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need for you to let out the waist in my all of pants! When can you start on them?:)
As soon as you fill up the Bierkrug (beer stein) :p

Dieter

·
Vendor
3,024 Posts
Wow Dieter,
Quite the find. My wife has a collection of old sewing machines, including a couple treadles from the early 1900's. I occasionally get recruited to
fix some of these to make them functional, and I'm always impressed by the engineering that went into these machines. The Opel machine is a real work of art.
Any idea what it might have cost back when it was new? Before mass production, some of these were almost as expensive as an automobile-usually only affordable by
the very wealthy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Now that's cool! Not only a great antique, but a serious piece of Opel history.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts