Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...
I'm portuguese and recently bought a Opel Corsa 1.7Di (2001) with 47.000 km's (I don't have it yet) and I have some questions about this car...

A friend told me it has a low pressure turbo... Is this true?
I would like to know more about it but I can't get any info about him.

Can you help me?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Opel Corsa is not a Classic Opel and wasn't imported to USA so most people on this board probably don't even know what a corsa is, let alone know anything about its turbo.

You will most likey find some info for that on a british forum, only its not called Corsa, but Vauxhall Nova there, its one of the most popular cars in the UK especialy among young people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From the name of the engine (1.7Di) it doesn't sound like it has a turbo. Most turbo diesels will be TDi. It's easy to finding out if there's a turbo in a diesel powered engine, it'll not only have a turbo but also an intercooler. Just go ahead open the hood that look in there. If you don't see a turbine after the primaries (exhaust manifold) you don't have a turbo. Like I said though, I doubt it does.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
hi sox and welcome to the site

we are mainly for old Opel's imported to the united states up to 1975 here so information will be limited can i suggest trying this site
Vauxhall Owners Network - Powered by vBulletin

they are from britain and they get the opel models under the vauxhall name but will know what will work

to the rest of the thread the di is a low pressure turbo diesel engine btw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts