Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the brake adjusters removable from the backing plates?. I just spent 3 hours sandblasting one clean. I then broke the adjuster free and sure enough it broke:rolleyes: . The spring washer under the head was cracked and when I rotated the bolt head it just spun right out from underneath. Now there is all kinds of play in the darn thing. I have examined in closely and can't tell, but it looks like it is sort of riveted on at the factory. If in fact it is not easily fixable, does anyone have a set of late style backing plates they want to part with?

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Late style have square bolt pattern and a larger axle hole. They had to change it when they went away from the axle retaining clips inside the rear end.

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, everything else is exactly the same. As a matter of fact I was considering welding the bolt holes closed, machining the center hole larger and re-drilling the bolt holes in the early ones that I have because they are in great shape. Just seems like alot of work when I might be able to score a late model one from someone on the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.