Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to locate a brake fluid leak at the reservoir. I see that OGTS sells seals for where the reservoir mounts directly to the master cylinder, but on mine there's also a small rubber hose that goes from the reservoir to the MC. My Autobook manual diagrams seem to indicate that these might be two different types of reservoirs. Is this a production change or does the reservoir connect to the MC through the seals at the bottom of the reservoir chambers AND through the hose as well?

·
Registered
50 Posts
On my '69 the rear brake side of the reservoir plugs directly into the seal on the rear top of the master cylinder and the front brake chamber runs through a hose to a 90-degree plastic fitting that plugs into the front seal of the master cylinder.

Joe

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
On my '69 the rear brake side of the reservoir plugs directly into the seal on the rear top of the master cylinder and the front brake chamber runs through a hose to a 90-degree plastic fitting that plugs into the front seal of the master cylinder.

Joe
Ok, that makes sense. It looked like mine were attached directly but I couldn't figure out why I would have the hose as well. Looking closely it appears only one of the reservoirs is attached directly. Thanks, Joe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts