Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something for all of you to look at and take into consideration. I was changing brake lines, hoses and hardware on my GT and figure to clean the MC and booster at the same time. I wire wheeled the MC cap and what I thought was just surface rust wasn't, (check pic). I called OGTS and was told by Dennis, they have exhausted all sources, including Opel for the MC caps, there are non available. BUT any German make car with the ATE MC will work, they all have the same threads. Also any 5/16 fuel hose will work for the reseroir to MC hose.

·
257 Posts
I was lucky enough to get a brand new MC cap on Ebay
a couple months ago. I would keep looking there. One
will pop up again.

Stanley P

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also got a heads up on the other listserv that they are also available on the German opel parts website. Thanx, I'm going to try and recover this cap by using POR-15 on it. My original plan was to paint the MC and booster and polish the cap, but now the whole ball of wax will be painted.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i have an 80 bmw cap with a low level sensor havent messed with the sensor part yet but the cap seems to work ok.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bit the bullet and ordered a new original MC cap from Europe the total cost incluidng tax and shipping came to 42.90 Euro Dollars. In the interim here's a pic, I hope of the finished Plan #2.

Ron

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts