Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be in the forum somewhere, but my search didn't turn it up. Can GT brake shoes be purchased at AutoZone, O'Reiley’s, etc? They can't say they are discontinued. That being the case, is there a substitute?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
if autozone by you is like it is here, they cant even list most parts for a GT and then they can never order them. "campbells" a small chain of auto stores has quite a bit of the stuff that i have needed, and european imports has alomost all of it, they have a 1800 number but i dont know it.

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
What I find in 99% of these places is that you cant go in and ask for a specific part!

They want to know what car it is for I guess for liability reasons. They can't look up parts by part names and IF they do have Opel even in their list, it shows that they carry no parts for it and have no cross references. This is where the community comes in hand like this place. Thanks Gary!

I am finding that it is best to just get a part number for the exact item and order directly from a manufacturer. Anyone here that has installed other parts should have the part number they used readily available.

I looked in their Weber carb book just the other day and they don't even LIST the 32/36 at all. They have 32/32 - 32/35 and all sorts of odd numbers.

Ohh well, I have graying hair for a reason I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts