Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Opeler
1,131 Posts
Are those tail lights factory on that, or was someone just wishing they had a GT?

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Are those tail lights factory on that, or was someone just wishing they had a GT?
Chevrolet Opala, another series of interesting small cars that never were sold in the US. I like them, especially is SS trim. Kind of reminds me of the Australian Dodge Chargers with the hot 6 cylinder Hemi 6 Pack motor, featuring three weber side drafts.... Link: Curbside Classic: Chevrolet Opala – Another International Mash-Up That Became The Most Loved Brazilian Car Of All Time

Link: Foreign Musclecar: Brazil's Chevy Opala SS - Street Muscle

·
Opeler
769 Posts
I wonder what engine that has. It is not familiar to me, it looks like it is an OHV 4 cylinder.

The car is nice, though. I like wagons, too.

·
2,991 Posts
I wonder what engine that has. It is not familiar to me, it looks like it is an OHV 4 cylinder.

The car is nice, though. I like wagons, too.
I don't know if it's a OHV but I do know it's a 6 cylinder in row :yup: :p

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Hmmm, NO! The ad specifies that it is the 4 cylinder engine although Wikipedia says a 6 was also available. More importantly, they also specify the GM 3L30 was one of the automatic transmissions available along with a ZF 4HP22 4 speed automatic with a floor shifter. Why is this important? The 3L30 was also called a TH180 (as used in our GTs). Gordo, are you reading this?
Details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_4HP22_transmission If you are interested, the overdrive is an 0.73 so a 75 mph cruise speed would be about 3000 rpm. (Note: I am not at home and am doing this from memory that 5800 rpm was a 105 top speed in the Road & Track road test with a 3.89 differential.)

Anybody have any ZF contacts?

Doug

·
2,991 Posts
sorry JudokaJohn it's indeed a 4 cylinder

Hmmm, NO! The ad specifies that it is the 4 cylinder engine ............
sorry your right it's a 4 in row I had the wrong engine in mind.

:ugh: I think I had a senior moment :yup:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'd love to own a 4100 in SS trim, Coupe or wagon. Never seen one on this side of the pond though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts