Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well .... i got my kadett timed and a few oter lil things done .... carb adjustment , oil ,tranny fluid,clean gas , new spark plugs , new coil " coil used from a 72 vw bug " and she fired right up ........so the trip starts at my macanics garage ......

we notice that the brak line is broke ... so there is prob #1 ... no brakes ...
Problem #2 carbs idleing @ 20 ...... time to get the weber "will be callin ya soon kevin "...............

so i start my 3 block trip home .... with no brakes and screwed carb .....
doin 30 down the street since it's raining i didn't want to leavce the car outside .... so im drivin ... no plates .... nobrakes .... no registration .....
nothing ... but a e break .... glad it worked .... so now i need to fix the brake lines ... and get a carb ... but she runs and runs good ... so for my first time driving the opel ..... wasn't bad ... just glad i didn't get cought by the cops or kill sommebody ... but i had a follow car so it wasn't to unsafe ...

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
69OpelKadett said:
we notice that the brak line is broke ... so there is prob #1 ... no brakes ...
Problem #2 carbs idleing @ 20 ...... time to get the weber "will be callin ya soon kevin "...............

so i start my 3 block trip home .... with no brakes and screwed carb .....
doin 30 down the street since it's raining i didn't want to leavce the car outside .... so im drivin ... no plates .... nobrakes .... no registration .....
nothing ... but a e break .... glad it worked .... so now i need to fix the brake lines ... and get a carb ... but she runs and runs good ... so for my first time driving the opel ..... wasn't bad ... just glad i didn't get cought by the cops or kill sommebody ... but i had a follow car so it wasn't to unsafe ...
now I dont normaly suggest doing bodge fixes to brakes (i hate to see opels crashed ) but if you have a broke line why not bend the end over and flaten it down as an emergency fix just to get you home
it keeps you fluid in the other 2 lines and will stop you in a funny way but its a lot better than just the e brake and the lines scrap anyway ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brake line .

baz said:
now I dont normaly suggest doing bodge fixes to brakes (i hate to see opels crashed ) but if you have a broke line why not bend the end over and flaten it down as an emergency fix just to get you home
it keeps you fluid in the other 2 lines and will stop you in a funny way but its a lot better than just the e brake and the lines scrap anyway ;)

i still ahd my emergency brake active ... i jsut didn't have front ....
if i could have got a tow truck ... i would have ... but i would have test drove it anyways ... hav to test new toys ... even if they are broke ya still mess with um :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.