Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips on shining up a manta bumper at all? The one on mine does have its fair share of spots and others things on it.

I have used Mother's on it and that did help a little bit, but it needs to go a lot further than that.

And while we are on it, would the same process be useable on the trim?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Get some "Simichrome", at your local motorcycle shop, also rubbing and polishing compounds. Start with the rubbing, then polishing, the simichrome, followed by waxing. Use a wet rag with the compounds, dry with the simichrome. If it still isn't what you want and you want more shine: This is the drill I've used for years on my model racing boats hardware. 3M 320 wet & dry (wet) 400 wet & dry (wet) 600 wet & dry (wet, then dry). The paper has to be impregnated with the base material to really burnish it. When I can see myself clearly in the surface, then I go to the compounds and simichrome. I spend weeks watching TV at night, working on one piece, so much so, that I've actually lost my finger prints more than once. Currently using this process on my mag wheels, for about 3 months, two down, two to go.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts