Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have u all ever woderd why they put two switchs in the drivers door the one little metal one does ur dome light but that black plastic one what in the world does it do......well i wus looking at it today and i found it is a switch of some sort, but found that it had gotten very corroded inside and the switch function does not work any more so i decided to see what would happen if i connected the two wires toghter wa la it made a buzzer go off something i thought are gt's didnt have but now i do, the thing is i would connect the two wires toghter and they would make the buzzer go on, even if the key was on or out or the headlights were on or off, has anyone found out what this buzzer was actually used for???? any ideas.....

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
that buzzer is to let you know you left your door open, or that its not fully shut. mine dont work, but i sold a good switch to baronbors so his would a while back. after all if the door buzzer did work, i would just unplug the box and give it a good chuck in the garbage can, can't stand them things. thats why the switch is in the door jamb, so its operated by a door to know whether its open or closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts