Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do folks on here deal with quieting down the rattles and buzzes coming from the reverse ring on the shifter. I've tried a couple methods, none of which last all that long. Lately I've wrapped a fairly sturdy rubber band a few times around the lever right next to the ring and it allows it to move and is kinda quiet....and on the Opel I had 25 yrs ago I put some silicone caulking or sealant in the groove and in the shift knob and let it dry. I can't remember how well that actually worked out....but it seems to me it did.

Any other, and better, ideas?

Also.....has anybody tried one of these??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33703&item=7955363995&rd=1

·
328 Posts
reverse ring

Amazing how annoying it really is isn't it??? I keep putting Gunslick in it and it stops it. It is almost like antiseize and sticky enough to stay in there.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i'd be interested in a "fix" for this, as its annoying on long highway trips through several states. i usually just rest my hand on the console with a thumb or finger on it to keep it quiet.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
It's actually the selector dog shaft that is causing the vibration. You might try adjusting it a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts