Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with great pride that we announce that last Friday UPG took yet another record. We are talking about the engine in our drag racing car, the Carbon Corsa. After the final adjustments and tune, the graph peaked at 326.3 horse power measured at the crank, which makes the engine the most powerful naturally aspirated two liter C20XE in the world. The secret to our success lies in the carefully chosen combination of custom high-tech components from Extreme Tuners, Jenvey, CNC Heads, Haltech and a few of our own developments. If you need any other info, we'd be happy to answer your questions at [email protected]

Video from the dyno:









 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,225 Posts
Nice! Any specs on the engine?

How much torque did it make?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,225 Posts
29.75 KgM, or about 215 lb-ft of torque.

Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Engine
Pistons: 87 mm, 13:1 Extreme Tuners Custom Pistons
Connecting Rods: Extreme Tuners Custom Connecting Rods
Connecing rod bearings: UPG Specification
Main Bearings: UPG Specification
Cylinder Head: CNC Heads UK
Head gasket: Athena MLS 1.9mm
Camshafts: Extreme Tuners Custom
Valves: 1 mm oversize
Valve springs: Custom double springs
Retainers: Custom Titanium
Lifters: Custom Mechanical
Camshaft pulleys: Cat Cams
Throttle bodies: 48 мм Jenvey WTCC
Exhaust manifold: 4-2-1 BTB
Bolts: ARP
Clutch: Custom 4.25” Twin Plate
ECU: Haltech PS2000 + Racepack Dash IQ3
Fuel system: Nuke Performance
Fuel Injectors: Bosch 440cc
Oil system: Titan Motorsport Dry Sump

Brakes and transmission
Brake System: UPG
Handbrake: D2
Gearbox: Custom
Differential: Quaife ATB Helical LSD

Suspension
Front shock absorbers and springs: KW Coilover
Rear shock absorbers and springs: GAZ DA

Fuel: VP Q16
Next step: VP M5 Methanol



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

We only managed to make two test runs. On the second one we made 11.05 with 197 km/h but we experienced some problems, the track was wet after the end of the glue and as you can hear the car developed a lot of misfire, we believe it was down to voltage problems but when we wanted to make another run the car snapped a driveshaft. We quickly found another one from one of the Greek racers (many thanks to them) and we managed to get it to fit but then it started raining badly. Still we are happy that the car is showing potential, it feels much more powerfull that before and we're hoping we can do much better next time.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top