Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were three Opel GT's (mine, Vince's and Sterling's) and five other Opel owners (Wayne, Tom, Matt, Chris & Barry) at the inaugural Calgary Opel Co-Op Street Meet today. The weather cooperated (see what I did there?) and the cars looked great. A couple of us were allowed to tear up the neighborhood roads in a very fast yellow Opel GT. Nice car, Vince! Nice build, Predrag!

Several neighbors stopped by when they saw the Opels, including a Dutch fellow who drove Opels (an Olympia and a Kadett) back in the 60's and 70's. He was very excited to see Opels after so many years.

We'll do this again, hopefully in September, and hopefully with several more Opels. Barry runs a Car Show in Dalhousie in September, so if that happens this year, perhaps we could make that the next Opel meet.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Good to see those GTs ! .. I saw P J 's GT at Carlisle, 2010, and at Springfield Rt 66, 2017, and met P J there.
I saw a lot of nice Opels both times, I'm not so good at remembering names :unsure:.
Taking lots of pictures helps me remember the cars, I intend to get drivers with their cars but don't often do it (n).

Possible plan for this summer was a drive up the West Coast into Canada ( I renewed my passport so I could ).
Then across the western Provinces, down into the States for drive to the East Coast by way of Ontario, Quebec, etc......
Well you can guess what happened to that grand idea. Maybe next year ! ! ( If Canada doesn't build a wall ). :cautious:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.