Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ebay says no way

Ebay pulled the plug on it sometime last night. It was an Opel Calibra I think, I had a hard time focusing on the car itself. The bidding started at 1775.00 and in about 3 hours was over 6000.00. I figured with the car not being imported, the low price, no reserve, the "distractions to the car" it had to be a spoof. I would post the add here but there are rules about that. Obviously Ebay has the same rules. I saved it so if you want to see it I'll email it.

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
sounds like a nice way for GM to put its toe in the water about reimporting opels to the noth american continent;)

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
I bid on it.. if its real I will find out. The first time he mentions escrow I will walk away.

Anyone looking for a Bitter SC? Maybe needing to sell it cheap. Price dependant on Calibra bid. ;)

The Pain will be undoing all the "Gimmicks" to the car to bring it back to reality like undoing the Friggin stupid tailights, etc.. Putting BACK on the Opel badges.

Charles

·
Code Goober
243 Posts
That is almost definately a spoof - if you look at the feedback profile of the seller, you'll see that he has never sold anything on ebay, just bought. Probably means that this is a hijacked account. Knowing that it is a spoof does afford you the oppurtunity to mess with the A-hole behind it though. There was a great thread on somethingawful.com where a guy was dealing with an ebay spoof (someone trying to buy his Powerbook). Have fun.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Looks to me like the Lunatic Lithuanian Pimp is parading his wares again! :)

·
7,517 Posts
IF DOT and EPA don't know the car is in country and I can get a clean title titling isnt a issue.

Part of what he has emailed seems to fit...

BUT he did bring up Escrow to pay.. told him no way. Only after I see the car.

·
Code Goober
243 Posts
I emailed him, and told him I wanted to come and have a look at the car. I told him I was in NY and had a day off, I asked where he was located. He replied that he had too many people wanting to come look at the car. He didn't tell me where he was located.

·
7,517 Posts
Same issues.. going to pull bid shortly.

DAMN..

Charles

·
7,517 Posts
Not yet.. Have to be 25 years old. Government reg.. none were ever imported here.

Charles

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Two Calibras

There are two Opel Calibras on the NZ "Trade Me" EBay clone at the moment.

1995 2.0 L for $NZ10,990 and 1997 2.0 L for $9,980.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts