Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching the news about all the rain and mudslides in California, hope all in our Opel Community are OK. Jarrell

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Jarrell, I haven't heard anything, from up North of me, I'm just about as far south as you can be and still be in the continental US. It has been a bear here, almost 2 weeks of rain, off and on. What's really bad is there wasn't enuff time for the ground cover to grow sufficiently to soak up the water after all the fires and like you said whole mountains slid into the valleys. Here inSANe DIEGO, we've had roads washed away, major flooding, and lotsa erosion, but nothing like the folks in LA have. I understand from the local weather folks there is a respite coming, maybe we can dry out a bit, my feet would really appreciate being dry for a while, not to mention the rest of me too. One good thing, kinda, all our reservoirs are almost full to capacity, so there shouldn't be a water problem later on this year. :rolleyes:

·
Opeler
90 Posts
yeah kinda scary my dad is actually having to work overtime paving roads down in riverside (LA area) cause they are being wiped out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lot of people out there that could use our prayers/thoughts/etc. My folks live in Augusta Georgia which is close to the Aiken and Graniteville S.C. area that is dealing with the chlorine leak from the train accident. Really horrible - many dead - going into the plants in the area to find the dead that were there during the accident - hundreds of people that are still out of their homes - animal control going in to rescue pets in and out of homes that had to be left and were trapped ... - have had to call in law enforcement to keep looters out ... .
I'm hoping all the disaster victims everywhere get all the help they need.

·
792 Posts
I'm just about as far south as you can be and still be in the continental US.

... Hey Ron from my house (as the crow flies) the border is about 1 mile. What is it to the border from Imperial Beach???
We should start a border-Opel club. Actually I see new Opels badged as Chevy's (from Mexico) nearly everyday in Yuma.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Well, Paul, on the beach it's a walk through "Friendship Gate" and you're in Mexico. From my house (Margaret's), straight shot about 2 miles. I can stand on the roof of the house and see the bull ring, only because the houses across the street are in the way if I'm standing on the ground. On the I-5 it's about 3-5 miles because of the shape of the border and topography. Most of the cars coming in here from Mexico are the American cars that were stolen from here, reregistered there and sold there. Those are a lot less expensive than new or imports go for. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts