Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Trouble Maker
1,523 Posts
While I think it is strickly a personal choice and one not to be made in haste, if they are not obscene and offensive to others it should not be of concern to anyone else.
Exactly.

Just be sure that you think very carefully about what you get and where you put it.

If you want, I can ask my brother where he got his tat done and if he would go back now that he's gotten several more and gotten them at shops all over the world. I think that he's gotten at least 5 and none of them are smaller than 3 inches across.

·
Idiot with a GT
155 Posts
Now that you've heard all of the for and against tattoo posts and have made your decision, I would suggest going to various tattoo shops and watch their techniques. Check out their artistic style; do they use patterns exclusively? can they do freehand? will they use your artwork? do they use Asian, European, American art stylings? How long have they been in business? Do they have a Health Certificate (in some states it's required)? How do they sterilize their equipment? How do they keep it that way? Talk to their customers. See the work they've done (not just the pictures they have posted).
Take about 6 months to find the right artist who will do the work that represents who you are and will be seen as.
These are just a few things to be considered. I've got three that I got while "working for the State" about 20 years ago. All are original designs, so no one else has the same thing. I haven't gotten any since, but that's because I haven't drawn anything tha I like that well yet.
FWIW
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
I have two tattoos, both of them are eagles and they were put on just before I went in the Army. If I remember right they hurt like __. I think I will stop with two, I would like to have an Opel tattoo, but then I remember the pain involved. I guess I am a sissy.

Bob

21 - 23 of 23 Posts