Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the final wiring diagram for the Manta, it worked like a dream.

Have very very few hang-ups, and those that I had were my fault. Not the harness, I miss wired one thing, and didnt notice the alternator wire was grounding on the alternator.

That's it.. went in under 10 hours.

Will post in the technical area.. cant find another way to attach it..

Charles

·
792 Posts
Have you noticed any improvments operationally?

·
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
azopelnut said:
Have you noticed any improvments operationally?
Well its kind of like not noticing any problems. With the old harness the lights were dimmer, the wiper motor turned slower, turn signal was weaker, had to smack the bottom of the fuse box or wiggle the wires to get the heater fan to work or the starter to engage, etc..

The lights in the dash, the lights everywhere for that matter, are brighter. NO having to hit the fuse box to get the connection cleared to start the car, it just starts.. etc.. etc.. OH and I dont have to wiggle fuses when certain circuits go dead. With 20 circuits instead of 6, and all using Mini-ATC fuses, its easier to track down a ground problem, and easier to replace the fuses. Not to mention the fuses stay put a lot nicer.

It's not that anything has gotten "better", all the bad is gone. It acts like a new car would.

Charles

·
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
10,293 Posts
GoinManta said:
Until I can figure a way to get these on the website here they are:
Charles - They are in the Downloads section. They needed approval before they showed up and that program does not have a notification system.

·
7,574 Posts
Edit: removed broken link.

Would be the link.. I can't get it to work here at work.. (Not unusual though)

Charles

·
1000 Post Club
1,409 Posts
didnt want anyone to forget about these...gary would u be able to put them back in the download section?..that way people can find them easier...im definately glad i got the kit from charles and im looking forward to putting this in the car...

·
392 Posts
Charles.

Very well done but I don't see anything for my fog lamps or rear window defogger circuit. Those are the only Rallye options I have that were left out. Would the gague package use the preexsiting wires marked oil pressure(lt blue) and what about the other Rallye gagues? I know you can't have everything for everyone but just wanted to know if this kit was to cover the Rallye.

Thanks, Mike

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,991 Posts

·
392 Posts
Thanks for the offer, everyone, to come to my rescue with wiring diagrams but I have a good set and a good wire harness. I was just trying to help Charles out by pointing out areas where he could improve the wiring harness he is pushing as the next comming of harnesses to Mantas by making it not only great for the plain-Jane Mantas but for us that have the best Mantas, the Rallyes.

Mike

·
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike Preble said:
Thanks for the offer, everyone, to come to my rescue with wiring diagrams but I have a good set and a good wire harness. I was just trying to help Charles out by pointing out areas where he could improve the wiring harness he is pushing as the next comming of harnesses to Mantas by making it not only great for the plain-Jane Mantas but for us that have the best Mantas, the Rallyes.

Mike
Man have I been busy..(taking the day off so I can spend quality time getting my stuff straight again).

Anywy, I have a few new harnesses with more circuits. You could use spare wires in the harness for the other circuits.

I.E. if you dont have an electric Fan, you can put the swiitch for the fog lamps in that circuit, the AmpMeter is just a matter of how you route one of the wires, the clock can be feed off the Radio Battery circuit, and You can relocate a wire for the acc1, or something to the front for use as the oil pressure wire.

Charles

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Mike Preble said:

Mike
Guess that would make yours a Raleigh Rallye, eh Mike! . . . or perhaps an RS, Rallye Squared . . . hmmm, a bit repetitive . . . :biglaugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts