Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to mount my new head for valve to piston measurements tomorrow. I know that the cam uses the nylon button at the front to control movement...but does anything go on the rear of the cam? My book doesn't have a picture, so I'm lost!
Thanks,
james

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
Nothing goes on the rear. The rear face of the cam gear against the head prevents backward movement. As you mentioned the nylon bolt controls any forward play.

When you are setting your valve timing, remember that the cam gear mark aligns with the tab on the head when no. 4 cyl is at TDC.

·
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Gary! I figured that , but it pays to be sure, before doing a bunch of work for nothing.

By the way, do you ever sleep? I just can't imagine this site getting any better. Thanks for the hard work.

Bestus,
James

·
Administrator
10,213 Posts
N61WP said:
...By the way, do you ever sleep? I just can't imagine this site getting any better. Thanks for the hard work.
Bestus,
James
Just wait, big improvements are just down the road. A new version of the forum is due to be released in a couple of months and I'm testing out a couple of "Suprise"add-ons. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts