Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Opeler
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 Bitter SC that is in need of front brake rotors and pads. I'm aware of the two US based Bitter part suppliers and I don't question the quality of their parts. I'm just struggling with the prices. ($400 for rotors and pads)

I know that Bitter SCs used common parts with Opel/Vauxhall Senator A models and Monzas (http://www.autobahnstormers.org/publicsite/main.asp)

What I need is a GM based part number and/or a UK or German supplier. I think my best best will ultimately be ebay.uk or ebay.de, but without a part cross reference I'm hesitant to bid on anything...

Thank-you for any advice and/or words of wisdom.

Respectfully (the opel newbie)
Tim

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Hope This Helps ..

Try this surplus parts site in the UK - the discs here are later Senator B ones but he has 300 sets of all sorts of discs to clear.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CARL...55982QQcategoryZ10404QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

There is also another seller salled 'Marigold' who has Vauxhall/Opel discs but you have to know the type and size required - it is your car!

PS: I have a couple of Monzas - 1983 & 1986 they have different front discs
and a pair of 1991 Opel Senators - their discs are different again.
i am still trying to sort out what is what - it looks to me that some of the Spec sheets accessed though that parts seller may not be correct.....

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
can you give me the dimentions of the discs you need

diameter of disc

diameter of centre hole

height of disc from back face to hub front where the wheel sits against
and thickness of disc

i will then get you the part# and a price
i think it will be

271mm
88 or 94mm
59 or 60mm
and 20-22mm thickness (20mm is minimum thickness for friction surface )
and do you need pads with it ?

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
gary for yours all we need is the centre hub hole size , i think it was 94mm
from what we talked about last year but i have formated my PC 2 weeks ago and dont have any of the stuff from before

·
Opeler
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to pull the front wheel on the Bitter this weekend and measure the inner hub

I might even a take a picture or two...

Guys, I SINCERELY appreciate the help on this, especially as a newbie getting such great responses so quickly.

Best Regards,

Tim

Frogmont, CO
Bitter SC

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,527 Posts
VinTeq, Ltd. - Homepage

also visit

Bitter, an extraordinary make of cars

As for Bitter Parts, the guys name is Joachim Vinson and he is in North Carolina.. He imports a lot of parts.

I used him when I had my 1985 Bitter SC.

As for brakes, early Bitters used a different rotor, caliper and pads than the later models. Both were Senators.. they changed when the Senator/Monza did. So usually your safe ordering from Europe for a MOnza of the same year.

Actually thats a good rule of thumb.. Use the Monza GT/E as a cross reference whenever possible. Most the Bitter parts used the performance parts off the Monza. Monza was a 2 door version of the Senator.

Also depending on your model, Most the FI components for the 3.0L are the same as the 75' Manta, and the 3.9L uses parts from a 1980 BMW 635csi.

Both models use the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator valve and throttle sensor of the 75'. The injectors, Air Flow Meter and some wiring are the difference. I havent found (Or really looked) a swap for the early ECU, but the BMW ECU does work on the 3.9L.

The Rims (pattern and offeset) are the same as a 97' BMW 325i.

If you fail to get anything through Joachim, I can get the parts from the guy I get my Manta parts from.

Charles

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
That's Monza "GSE", Charles. The GT/E was Manta only. :)
Cheers,
Nick
You beat me to it Nick!!
Love the latest issue of Manta Magic BTW!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bitter sc parts inventory in usa

Bitter Parts in Stock
Largest Bitter SC Parts Inventory
Classic Motor Cars Inc.
1000 S. Oxnard Blvd.
Oxnard, CA 93030
USA
(805) 240-2666
email: [email protected]

Also complete repairs & service available. Factory trained Technician.
Michael Gabriel was the Parts & Service Director for Bitter Automobile USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
brake parts

the shop finally got all the brake parts off. i ordered them from Vin. ordered water hoses, oil and gas filters. and all the brake lines. fan belt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts