Opel GT Forum banner

281 - 300 of 496 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
I'm just waiting, but looks like I'll be sending the new Can O' Keys to Arizona. I have them ready to go. When I do I will start a new thread and maybe have a sticky placed on it to keep up with the can better. We shouldn't exclude new members, and it was unforseen that someone would want to keep them or not return them.
A year or better I bought a bunch of Opel keys off ebay that were old used ones.

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
I'm just waiting, but looks like I'll be sending the new Can O' Keys to Arizona. I have them ready to go. When I do I will start a new thread and maybe have a sticky placed on it to keep up with the can better. We shouldn't exclude new members, and it was unforseen that someone would want to keep them or not return them.
A year or better I bought a bunch of Opel keys off ebay that were old used ones.
Wouldn't hurt to have the thread include the names of who has the keys so when they send them off you know who they are sent to.

·
UFOpel Investigator
3,472 Posts
I
One would kinda hard up to auction off a bunch used car keys.....
It would be petty larceny and anyone selling them would be selling stolen goods.
Doubt if it would happen but a call to the police in his town would be in order.

·
Über Genius
8,874 Posts
I remember the situation now. It wasn't keys on ebay, it was travel bugs from geocaching.
The guy was going around and "finding" them and he put them on ebay. The police did get involved but found no grounds to arrest him. He did lose his job over it though.

·
Opeler
1,148 Posts
Did they come shipped to you in a can?

Karl

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
Can of Keys 2015

With the original Opel Can of Keys missing or not forwarded to the next person in need, I have developed another can of keys. This one has a lot of factory coded keys with the numbers stamped in them, Manta keys and old cuts.

The ground rules are as followed, as now we have to have some rules (which shouldn't be needed)

1. If you cannot afford to ship, or are too busy to re-ship the keys to the next destination, do not request the keys. Its not our responsibility to track you down or pay to forward the keys.

2. Only keep the keys for a maximum of 2 weeks. If no one on this thread has spoken up requesting them, send them back to me at
Keith Lundholm
134 Carr Ave
Cookeville, TN 38501
(This address is labeled on the can as well)

3. Document the person you send them to by either posting on this thread, or simply writing it down so we have a tracking system. Even if you hand them off at a show, make sure you know the name of the person they went to, you are still responsible for them.

4. These keys are my personal property. If you find a key that works, consider it a gift. If you find several keys that work, you really made your day. If you have old keys to contribute, add them to the pile.

Attachments

·
Opel Intern
1,290 Posts
Woohoo!:arms::notworthy

Now we just need a queuing method!

I would love to try and find a key that works with my door locks. Can I sign up for dibs? I think I have a couple gas cap keys to add to the can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need keys too! I just got a 69 Kadett wagon with no keys.

I need keys too! I just got a 69 Kadett wagon with no keys and I do not know how to ****. I have no idea how to work this forum internet thingy. Umm, I need keys for a 69 Opel wagon so I can see if it starts! I have two weeks to get her going for a present for my wife. I appreciate any help.

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
The original can of keys is missing. There is a new can that just started going around and can be found on this thread
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/general-discussions/73530-can-keys-2015-a.html

Be sure to look at the rules, you being a new guy on the forum, we need complete contact info before we can send it to you.

Also I can cut you a key which would be a sure bet way of getting you what you need. You can remove a door handle and get the code on the lock stem, or if your glove box has a lock, that will work too, as it has a code stamped inside it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yes, I'm still waiting for the keys.
I deferred to Doug/slracer since he was in AZ, where I need the keys and I was still in NY. My Brother (also Doug) is in AZ full time and will go thru the keys for me if I'm not back there when they arrive.
If mailing they can be sent to:

Craig/Doug Roberts
15076 W. Dahlia Drive
Surprise, AZ.85379

Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Doug, you should have the keys priority mail today. Also I think Craig is still wanting them. Jay, I guess you are on the list next, so give them some time and they will get them out your way.
Thanks Keith and thanks for volunteering your "stash"! :hail:

I'll check my mailbox today (which I don't do everyday). I don't expect to be long so I'll contact Craig's brother (we've met locally before) and probably drive them over if I can see the Targa!

I currently have 2 keys for my GT, but one doesn't fit although it looks like an exact duplicate. Is there anything I should do before trying the new ones (WD40 or ?? in the lock, etc)? :thinking:

Doug

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
I've had some that I had cut and matched up perfectly, but one still wouldn't turn the lock...pretty aggravating. If you already have a key that works, you should pull the lock out and just get a code to have some cut.

For a gas cap, I found even before I start I am best off to clean out with brake cleaner, then some lube, I use Rem-oil gun lube, but anything will work. I've gone through every key without luck and then cleaned it to find the right one

·
1,284 Posts
Keith do you have original Manta key blanks with the black plastic? If so I'll pull a door handle and get one or two!!

281 - 300 of 496 Posts