Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 496 Posts

·
635 Posts
key blanks and as good locksmith

I saw a few months ago their was a bucket of keys floating around i was wondering how to get ahold of them. I just picked up another gt and need to find a set of keys that will work. Im in north alabama

thanks
If you want a new key blank let me know I have them.
Then have your local locksmith key your ignition lock and doors
(should be the same key)

·
Opeler
135 Posts
key blanks

I could use two new key blanks for my '71 Kadett. the only key I have is bent and I waiting for it to break in the ignition. Please let me know what you want and how I can contat you. Thanks.

paul

·
Super Moderator
8,156 Posts
ive looked all around looking for a number on the lock cant find one any idea where it is:confused:
When you remove the door handle there is a flat bar attached that has the code on it. You'll probably have to clean it to read it. It will be something like BB*** or CC***.

HTH,
Harold

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
If you want a new key blank let me know I have them.
Then have your local locksmith key your ignition lock and doors
(should be the same key)
Jim, I knew I should have asked during our many phoncons, I need a pair of blanks. I'm getting tired of leaving the keys locked in the car. One for the ignition and one for the gas cap. The ignition key has a code of OP 19 & O 79 JB, in the two indents on the key, the gas cap has a code of 105 stamped in the key. TIA

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Cheaper Way

Locksmiths can charge up to $100 for a house call,
when they have to cut a custom key onsite.

A better option is to remove one door handle,
obtain the "bb" or "cc" key code number,
and order a custom-made key (I believe a guy
called "tnopels" on Ebay offers them for $25).

Opel GT Key blanks themselves are readily
available, for $3 or less from retailers.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
Bucket of Keys

Is there a chance that the bucket could make it to the Mid-West area.
Maybe to one of the 2009 Milwaukee meets or the Springfield RT66 2009
or even to the Opels on My Lawn get together in Colfax, Indiana.

·
Registered
29 Posts
wheres gene

help im looking for gene with the key. this would make my whole life better if i can come up with a set of key, io have already tried 3 different sets still no luck. send him my way

THANKS
PAUL

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Is there a chance that the bucket could make it to the Mid-West area.
Maybe to one of the 2009 Milwaukee meets or the Springfield RT66 2009
or even to the Opels on My Lawn get together in Colfax, Indiana.
The Can can go anywhere, just need to know where to send it.

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
Keys

If you will pull a door handle, either on a GT or Kadett and send me the code, I can cut you a key for $25.00 This will open your doors, and in (most) cases open the ignition as well). There are times that a steering column change has happened-more common on the GT. Email me and I will instruct you on what info I need. keithlundholm(at)yahoo.com

I also have EVERY gas cap key. Yes you read that right, I have every gas cap key. You send me your cap, and I will send it back with a key. You can mark the cap however you wish. I am able to cut keys to factory spec, and rekey gas caps without opening them apart. Please make sure the condition of the gas cap key hole first, as I have found some a key will not go into anymore due to people prying and such on them. If I cannot find a key, I will send it back to you and pay for shipping both ways-thats how confident I am on getting you the right key.

Keith

·
Registered
29 Posts
i finally got the lock picked and the assembly out theirs a locksmith here that can grind me a new key. he can also do them by the codes

ya'll have a goodone
paul

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
The Can can go anywhere, just need to know where to send it.
Maybe by the time the New Year arrives we will have a list of Opel Events and send the bucket to each one in its turn. That way a dozen people at a time could get the benefit of the bucket.

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
Bucket of keys

I don't understand what is so difficult about pulling a door handle and looking at the number, then having the key cut? It takes 1 minute to pull the handle if you have a 10mm socket ratchet. Also the only drawback with the can of keys is you might get lucky, and you might not, so if you pay to have it shipped to you, and you do not get lucky, I could have cut you a key for most of the cost of shipping. I do them by code for $25.00 shipped to your door. Also if you pry out your ignition, then its more than likely not going to work correctly when you put it back in. These are designed to pull out with the use of the key. Also gas caps are not coded, only when new NOS do they have a code, and it is a removable label. I do have every gas cap key, which in numbers is the equivelent of 5 can of keys!!! Trust me, I cut them all :yup: Also the OP19 key is discontinued, but I have a few extra when they run out
Keith

·
Administrator
10,005 Posts
Also the OP19 key is discontinued, but I have a few extra when they run out Keith
Keith - I have plenty. I'll bet a lot of the older locksmith shops have them hanging on their rack.

21 - 40 of 496 Posts