Opel GT Forum banner

401 - 420 of 503 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
PM me your name and address and they will be headed your way.
Thanks to BQS4 for the can of keys! I found a key that was able to pop open my Manta trunk. From there, I was able to get the key code off of the lock shaft and Keith Lundholm of New Vintage Automotive was able to cut me some keys at a reasonable price! Thanks to both of you for the help!

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Just letting it be known, the Can of Keys is now back home in GA, thank you T-Dizzle, so it can be sent to where ever it is needed .

·
1,874 Posts
Gene, could use the can of keys in Illinois to try and locate one for an ignition lock on a 1969. Be happy to pay the shipping both ways and may have a few keys we can add to the can! PM me for the address

·
Opeler
137 Posts
Gordy,

When you are done with them will you check with me before you send them back? I can't seem to find the keys for a Manta I have in storage. Maybe I'll find them before you are done.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Gordy,

When you are done with them will you check with me before you send them back? I can't seem to find the keys for a Manta I have in storage. Maybe I'll find them before you are done.

Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne
Just dropped the Can of Keys in the mail headed to Gordy, he is to check with you when done to see if you still need it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd like to be next in line after Gordy and Wayne for the can. I need to see if I can find a door and gas cap key for my GT. Not that a locked door on a GT would keep anyone out for long...
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
The "Can of Keys " is now on it's way to EJOTA, WAYNE 70GT, I must apologize as I didn't see your post. If you still need it when EJOTA is finished, I'll have it sent to you, again, my apologies, my bad.

·
Opeler
137 Posts
Anyone need the "Can of Keys"? Gene, if no one speaks up do you want me to send them to you or hang on to them for a little while?

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Anyone need the "Can of Keys"? Gene, if no one speaks up do you want me to send them to you or hang on to them for a little while?

Wayne
Wayne
Hang onto it till Wensday, no one speaks up, send it back here, address is on the can
Thank you
Gene

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I will need the keys when I go to AZ as I don't know what I did with the keys to the Car & Driver 1900. I did not go there as I usually do in early October as my brother in Florida has been in the hospital and needs me to take care of things there for awhile. I realistically don't expect to get to AZ til early January.

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
I will need the keys when I go to AZ as I don't know what I did with the keys to the Car & Driver 1900. I did not go there as I usually do in early October as my brother in Florida has been in the hospital and needs me to take care of things there for awhile. I realistically don't expect to get to AZ til early January.
Craig
Just holler when you're ready
Gene

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Umm, does anybody know what kind of key a 1978 Opel Manta B might use? There is one for sale here in Calgary, and apparently it doesn't have any keys. Nor an Opel drivetrain, as (again) apparently it has had a Chevy V6 of some type swapped in. I REALLY don't want another Opel, nor the divorce that would come with it, but I am going to have a look at it to see what is what...It is only $900. That is Canadian. That is like a buck three ninety US

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/78-opel-manta-b/1391490305

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Umm, does anybody know what kind of key a 1978 Opel Manta B might use? There is one for sale here in Calgary, and apparently it doesn't have any keys. Nor an Opel drivetrain, as (again) apparently it has had a Chevy V6 of some type swapped in. I REALLY don't want another Opel, nor the divorce that would come with it, but I am going to have a look at it to see what is what...It is only $900. That is Canadian. That is like a buck three ninety US

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/78-opel-manta-b/1391490305
Keith
Sounds like a question for your fellow Canuk, Rob, as he has a Manta B, take it away Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Keith
Sounds like a question for your fellow Canuck, Rob, as he has a Manta B, take it away Rob
He was the first guy I forwarded the ad on to, so I just asked him about the key type

401 - 420 of 503 Posts