Opel GT Forum banner

501 - 503 of 503 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,435 Posts
It wasn't obvious by the instructions on the can either. It should be more clear about not just pilfering keys but to make copies of the key, that keys are not to be removed from the system.
While technically true.. BUT think about it. 🤔

This is the can of keys collected by the group and with a finite number of combinations..

So if you remove the last copy of a certain key, no one else will have a copy of that key to match with their car/gas cap/etc..

Also the OLD key makes a better copy than a NEW copy of a copy..

So... it should kind of go without saying... :cautious:

Make a copy of the key and then put the key back into the can. If that wasn't clear.. then hopefully I have cleared that up for future users.

Just sayin.. ;)

As for the people... Once I knew Steve was the one sandbagging the can-o-keys.. I FB Messaged him.. and should have it shortly. I will try to turn around with my spare keys in it and hopefully have my gas caps keyed.

·
Opeler
1,167 Posts
For me, just didn't get around to it. And, the next person on the list being unresponsive and the list ending with them.

It wasn't obvious by the instructions on the can either. It should be more clear about not just pilfering keys but to make copies of the key, that keys are not to be removed from the system.
If next person is unresponsive then they go back to Gene. Right?

Karl

501 - 503 of 503 Posts