Opel GT Forum banner

521 - 540 of 549 Posts

·
Opeler
1,198 Posts
@rskybizintrees doesn't have to reach out to him because he’s the one who currently has them....I sent them to him when I was done with them. He needs to make contact with the next guy wanting them (@70GTBarnfind ) or vice versa.
A month ago he asked where to send them. Then one day ago he says he is still waiting on a response. Thats why I said pm BQS4. Please read the posts above so you can understand what he wants to do.

Karl

·
Opeler
1,133 Posts
A month ago he asked where to send them. Then one day ago he says he is still waiting on a response. Thats why I said pm BQS4. Please read the posts above so you can understand what he wants to do.

Karl
I read the posts. It was very clear. I’m not trying to be a jerk.

He posted. Nobody responded, so he held on to them. Someone new has now posted about them and he responded.

Best of luck to you

·
Opeler
1,133 Posts
New to site and not looking to create a problem. I asked about the can of keys and was told to track down who had the keys and ask for them. rskybizintrees was kind enough to respond and offered to send them to me. Happy to forward them immediately after getting and testing them.
Cool!

That’s exactly what I thought was happening and expected to happen. These keys make the rounds with ease because of the communication you (and I, many others) have experienced! Best of luck finding a winner, it’s a fun process and feels like you hit the lotto when one turns!

·
Opeler
1,198 Posts
New to site and not looking to create a problem. I asked about the can of keys and was told to track down who had the keys and ask for them. rskybizintrees was kind enough to respond and offered to send them to me. Happy to forward them immediately after getting and testing them.
I was saying to contact BQS4 just to let him know who has them and they understand how the can works and how you dont just take a key from the can.

Karl

·
Super Moderator
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #527
I have been watching this thread...Rsky has asked for 70GT to pm his address

·
Registered
1970 Opel GT
21 Posts
I was saying to contact BQS4 just to let him know who has them and they understand how the can works and how you dont just take a key from the can.

Karl
Got it. From reading through the other posts, I am to make a copy of whichever keys work and then send the can to next interested party or back to BQS4. I don't have any old Opel Keys to add to can.

·
Vendor
2,772 Posts
Neat Idea on the Can.
I don't need the can but am willing to buy a few blanks and make copies of my key to donate to the can.
I have my own Key Cutter.
I did this as well. I always thought that, if every current GT owner on this forum donated a copy of their keys, there would almost certainly be a match for any other "keyless" cars. I don't know how many different key codes Opel used in these cars, but I remember being at the Springfield show when someone locked their keys in their GT. I think the third try opened the door.
Cheers,
RR

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Well. If the pop up button inside the door is still in place?
It's easy to get in.
Been there, done that, many times.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
That was plan "B" :)
I also still have my 'Slim Jim's' kit from years ago.
Now days? I'd probably be charged with Breaking and entering tools if caught with them.
That whole kit is probably still in my Dad's garage last I saw it.
I also learned how to pick locks way back then!
Master Locks were my specialty. I could pick those faster then a drunk with a key could open them!

I still carry lock pick tools in my wallet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would like to get on the list for "The Can of Keys"....I need door keys...I also have several old Opel keys without a home that I will throw in...

·
1,732 Posts
I would like to get on the list for "The Can of Keys"....I need door keys...I also have several old Opel keys without a home that I will throw in...
In your situation it is also possible to pull the door handle on the driver side to obtain the key code numbers. With those you can contact Keith (opelspyder) to have new keys made. He might be able to rekey your doors to fit your ignition key.

·
Opeler
1,461 Posts
I did this as well. I always thought that, if every current GT owner on this forum donated a copy of their keys, there would almost certainly be a match for any other "keyless" cars. I don't know how many different key codes Opel used in these cars, but I remember being at the Springfield show when someone locked their keys in their GT. I think the third try opened the door.
Cheers,
RR
Two high school buds of mine had a '55 Chevy and a '56 Chevy respectively. The keys to the '56 would unlock and start the '55 but the '55 keys wouldn't work in the '56 at all. Never quite figured that one out.
So, just for yuks, the guy with the '56 would periodically move the other guy's '55 to another part of the parking lot and hide it. Fun and games!

·
Vendor
2,772 Posts
Two high school buds of mine had a '55 Chevy and a '56 Chevy respectively. The keys to the '56 would unlock and start the '55 but the '55 keys wouldn't work in the '56 at all. Never quite figured that one out.
So, the guy with the '56 would periodically move the other guy's '55 to another part of the parking lot and hide it. Fun and games!
Perhaps the lock for the '55 was a little more worn and tolerated the minor differences in the keys?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I also still have my 'Slim Jim's' kit from years ago.
Now days? I'd probably be charged with Breaking and entering tools if caught with them.
That whole kit is probably still in my Dad's garage last I saw it.
I also learned how to pick locks way back then!
Master Locks were my specialty. I could pick those faster then a drunk with a key could open them!

I still carry lock pick tools in my wallet.
You'd be surprised how fast someone with a jiggler key can steal a Honda. Just because you know how to do it, doesn't mean you should. I questioned it and the reply was, "once a thief, always a thief." No accusations here. The locksmiths trade has had leaks and breaches for decades.

·
1,732 Posts
Found out the hard way that a thief with channel locks could open the door on my 74 GMC truck as fast as I could with the key. Cost me a very nice Canon camera for that lesson.

521 - 540 of 549 Posts