Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 496 Posts

·
Opeler
358 Posts
keys

If you will pull a door handle, either on a GT or Kadett and send me the code, I can cut you a key for $25.00 This will open your doors, and in (most) cases open the ignition as well). There are times that a steering column change has happened-more common on the GT. Email me and I will instruct you on what info I need. keithlundholm(at)yahoo.com

I also have EVERY gas cap key. Yes you read that right, I have every gas cap key. You send me your cap, and I will send it back with a key. You can mark the cap however you wish. I am able to cut keys to factory spec, and rekey gas caps without opening them apart. Please make sure the condition of the gas cap key hole first, as I have found some a key will not go into anymore due to people prying and such on them. If I cannot find a key, I will send it back to you and pay for shipping both ways-thats how confident I am on getting you the right key.

Keith
Hi,
The numbers on my barrel are 3459 and 2335 do they mean anything to you
I would buy a couple keys in a second
thank you

·
Opel Key Master
4,951 Posts
The numbers should be stamped, and will start with "BB" or "CC" If you go to the article section on this website, you will see a full breakdown of what the keyed items look like off the car, and where the numbers are. Then email me the info and we can get you fixed up
Keithlundholm(at)yahoo.com

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
who has the Bucket?

I know it's a bit late but who has the bucket of keys and can it be delivered to Springfield by this weekend?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bucket o' Keys

I am hoping I am on that list for the keys.

I did manage to get key codes off some very nasty door handle insides.
BB 573 and BB 526.

Would be nicer to get two door handles that were the same key.

Kat

·
Dale Chilton Sr.
47 Posts
can of keys

I have them here in south saint paul MN I just got my 6th gt Friday and the steering was locked so we needed a key to unlock the steering to get it off the the trailer I got out the can of keys and tried about 10 keys and then#11 was the magic key, the steering unlocked the job was easy.
pm me and get me your address and I will send them to you.
Dale
I saw a few months ago their was a bucket of keys floating around i was wondering how to get ahold of them. I just picked up another gt and need to find a set of keys that will work. Im in north alabama

thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,717 Posts
I am hoping I am on that list for the keys.
I did manage to get key codes off some very nasty door handle insides.
BB 573 and BB 526.
Would be nicer to get two door handles that were the same key.
Kat
Which door handle does the ignition key fit, Kat? That's the one you want a copy of, or actually several copies. If you can't get the key can, I believe that Keith Lundholm aka Opelspyder can make you a key from whatever code you require. There is a thread to that effect at
http://www.opelgt.com/forums/opel-tips-tricks/18623-opel-keys-codes-explained.html

I'm watching this thread, I'm not concerned about the can getting sent to others, but, please keep me informed as to it's whereabouts.
And in case it isn't obvious, use the key that fits to make a copy or three and then return the original to the can for the next lost soul.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
Sunday 9/26/2010
I have the bucket of keys.
looks like a very few are for the gas caps. None worked for me.
On Monday the bucket will be on the way to Jerry Conkovich.
They will then be transferred to Mach1Tom.
I suggest that all requests go to Tom.

·
Super Moderator
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Sunday 9/26/2010
I have the bucket of keys.
looks like a very few are for the gas caps. None worked for me.
On Monday the bucket will be on the way to Jerry Conkovich.
They will then be transferred to Mach1Tom.
I suggest that all requests go to Tom.
Please make sure that it will eventually make it to Ms. Kat in Canada

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
I need to get access to the bucket of keys as well, so please put me on the list - I'm close to Mach1Tom.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just picked up a 71 gt with a locked steering, i was going to disassemble it and remove the lock but this seems like a better option.. any idea when the bucket can make its way west coast?

Thanks

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,399 Posts
Bucket in transit

Just mailed the bucket to Jerry_C He will get it Wednesday, hopefully.

We made an agreement that Jerry would send it to Mach1Tom who would keep it for about 2 weeks for two Opel events.

From there it is up to Tom to get an address for the buckets next trip.

So as I said before. email/PM your requests to Tom. First come first served.

·
Super Moderator
9,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just mailed the bucket to Jerry_C He will get it Wednesday, hopefully.

We made an agreement that Jerry would send it to Mach1Tom who would keep it for about 2 weeks for two Opel events.

From there it is up to Tom to get an address for the buckets next trip.

So as I said before. email/PM your requests to Tom. First come first served.
Todd;
You can get access to the can while Tom has it, that will keep the shipping down.

Tom;
When you're ready to pass it on, I'll get you Kat's address, then Jott5555, Kat will send it your way. Fair enough?

·
587 Posts
Todd;
You can get access to the can while Tom has it, that will keep the shipping down.

Tom;
When you're ready to pass it on, I'll get you Kat's address, then Jott5555, Kat will send it your way. Fair enough?
I figured I would post about taking the keys to Duane's OctOpelfest since this looks to be a large event. I have a few gas caps, steering columns & sets of door handles that I'd like to check keys for.

They can definitely be send it to Kat next after Todd tries them.

~ Tom

·
Opeler
231 Posts
I have the bucket of keys. They will be on the way to toms house Monday. I had no luck with them, but I did add 2 keys to it.

·
587 Posts
I have the keys & need to check a few more gas caps, ign. switches & door handles. I will then get them to Todd by the weekend. From there they will be sent to Kat.

~ Tom

61 - 80 of 496 Posts