Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
I have the bucket of keys...who's next on the list?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jot5555. Could you let me know when you get the bucket of keys. I live in Salem also and I have a couple of door handles I would like to check. Thanks to OGTS I have the key blanks to be cut. I also have a few more keys to add to the bucket.

·
Opelnut
919 Posts
Bucket O Keys

I would like to be placed on the list for the bucket of keys have a few to add and would like to see if there are any for my Gt

·
Vendor
2,416 Posts
I would like to be placed on the list for the bucket of keys have a few to add and would like to see if there are any for my Gt
I'm not entirely sure how this started, but I presume these are keys that people had from Opels they no longer own? I was wondering if we could get Opelers to cut a couple extra keys for the vehicles they currently have, to add to the collection? We could make it anonymous enough that nobody could easily find the key that matches your car...just labeled as year-model-lock (i.e 1970 GT gas cap). Earlier this summer we had someone lock their keys in a GT, and remarkably, the first set of keys from another GT he tried opened the door lock! "Good Karma/Carma?":cool:
Ron in Indy

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I'm not entirely sure how this started, but I presume these are keys that people had from Opels they no longer own? I was wondering if we could get Opelers to cut a couple extra keys for the vehicles they currently have, to add to the collection? We could make it anonymous enough that nobody could easily find the key that matches your car...just labeled as year-model-lock (i.e 1970 GT gas cap). Earlier this summer we had someone lock their keys in a GT, and remarkably, the first set of keys from another GT he tried opened the door lock! "Good Karma/Carma?":cool:
Ron in Indy
Ron;
That's a cool idea, but, I was just making it easy, in that, instead of throwing away old Ople keys, just donate them. If you want to start the ball rolling on your idea, you can send keys directly to me and I'll drop them in the can when it arrives back in GA.

·
Mid-West Opeler
2,392 Posts
.......... Earlier this summer we had someone lock their keys in a GT, and remarkably, the first set of keys from another GT he tried opened the door lock! "Good Karma/Carma?":cool:
Ron in Indy

I would keep man EYE out for that Opeler. He bares watching....:veryhappy

·
Vendor
2,416 Posts
Ron;
That's a cool idea, but, I was just making it easy, in that, instead of throwing away old Ople keys, just donate them. If you want to start the ball rolling on your idea, you can send keys directly to me and I'll drop them in the can when it arrives back in GA.
OK Gene,
I ordered a couple blanks from these guys.
I have a friend that can grind them for me, so I should be able to contribute to the bucket. I will PM you for an address when they are ready.
Cheers, and Happy New Year!
Ron in Indy

·
Registered
33 Posts
i got the keys and had one fit in a gas cap but still nothing for my doors or ignition.. i donno how im going to start this thing.. ill give them to twisted and well go from there..

·
Super Moderator
5,609 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
The car can easily be 'hot wired' but you'll need to be concerned with the steering column lock. I've seen them mysteriously start working when least expected so if you plan to drive it you'll need to figure a way to disable it.

As Keith W. mentioned you can contact Opelspyder aka. Keith Lundholm about getting keys cut from the key code found in the door. With that being said Keith will be 'out of pocket' for a few days (Grandmother recently passed away in Maryland). He does check his email from his smartphone and I'm sure he'll carry his laptop with him.

Harold

·
Über Genius
8,765 Posts
This looks like a good place to ask about the can of keys.

What are the possibilities of getting the can out this way so I can find a gas cap key?

Thanks.

·
Opelnut
919 Posts
Bucket o Keys

I to would like to add my extras to the bucket an perhaps find a spare for my opel.

Sooooo who's got it an lets arrange it to come my way :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bucket of keys

Twisted Stripe here. I haven't heard anything from JOTT5555 about the keys. He only lives about 5 miles from me here, so I'll go over to his house to see if I can find out what's going on. I also want to check on his BMW IRS conversion is going.

·
Über Genius
8,765 Posts
Oh, if he has the keys, down in Salem, I can drive down there and pick them up.
That way I could find a key and then send the can off to it's next destination really quick.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Twisted Stripe & First Opel 1981:
If you two could co-ordinate your efforts and get your chance with the "Can of Keys" from JOTT5555, then please ship it onto "Opelnut 1" I would appreciate it.

·
Über Genius
8,765 Posts
I will do what I can. I presume this is so the can can get to Carlisle?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bucket of keys found

I retrieved the bucket of keys from Jott5555 last night. I really didn't need them. I just wanted to add some keys to the collection. If I can get an address I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
9,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I retrieved the bucket of keys from Jott5555 last night. I really didn't need them. I just wanted to add some keys to the collection. If I can get an address I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.
I think First Opel 1981 has the next go with the can, and from what I understand, he's nearby?

81 - 100 of 494 Posts