Opel GT Forum banner

141 - 160 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
He was not done with the keys yet...I will PM Joe back and ask if he can have them to us by Springfield as I plan on going as well!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Route66 Mother Road Festival

Just thought I would let those of you know....Joe is sending me the bucket, they are on their way to my house and will be at the Route66 Mother Road Festival in Springfield with me. I hope that we all have success!

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Just to re-state the rules of the "Bucket-of-Keys", you may try every key in the bucket, if you're lucky, and one or two work, keep them, no charge, but, if you have keys that no longer belong to a car or cars, and please, let's keep it strictly to Opels, please donate them to the bucket. I DO NOT want any UN-CUT keys, please keep them, this is strictly for already cut keys.

Lori-
After Route 66, please hold onto them, for the moment, either they will be sent back to me, or sent onto another member, I'll keep you posted.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
1,405 Posts
If you do find a key and take it, it would be good to try to replace it in the bucket at some point. Who knows, you may have pulled out the last one of its kind, and someone else may need it.

·
1,691 Posts
If the bucket makes it to Springfield I could hand deliver it to the Nationals if need be. Also as I posted on the Mother Road thread there is a lock company downtown near where we park that has Opel blanks and is open til noon Saturday.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is awesome news! I would like extra keys made for my current opel....if I find one for either gas cap that will be a bonus!

·
"LT"
82 Posts
Extra keys

A few years ago I took advantage of the services of Keith Ludlum (opelspider) who cuts keys for our cars. The only key that I had for my car was cut from a VW blank and I had no gas cap. I was able to get a cap but it did not have a key with it, so it was cheaper. I contacted Keith and he gave me very clear instructions where to find the key code for my ignition and door lock key. The gas cap I had to ship to him and he has a copy of all of the keys for these caps, after he found the key that fit my cap he cut new ones and mailed every thing back to me. He does this service at a vary reasonable price and the keys that he sends you work. We are very fortunate to have this asset available to us.
Thank You Keith for a job well done.

·
Super Moderator
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
If the bucket makes it to Springfield I could hand deliver it to the Nationals if need be. Also as I posted on the Mother Road thread there is a lock company downtown near where we park that has Opel blanks and is open til noon Saturday.
John , if no one hollers in the between time, would you mind bringing the Bucket of Keys with you , please Sir...

141 - 160 of 496 Posts