Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
257 Posts
Let me know if you need any help. I've been all over this Opel.
I'm not an expert but I know every bolt, nut and screw on this car.
I hope to have it back on the road in a few more months. Everything on this car I've done on my own. Body work, Painting, rebuilding engine, front end, rear end, so it takes me a little time
to get everything done.

Thanks,
Stanley

·
GT Resurrectionist
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just started takeing out the side and rear windows. striped out all the interior. and found that the floor boards under the seats are gone. The frame is good so I should be alright.

I do have a question. How did you mount the lenk stuff? I was wondering how to tie it into the body without it busting loose. so did you use alot of body filler?

·
257 Posts
I drilled hole w/ a countersink bit and use stainless steel screws
about every 8" to 10" then went back in between screw with
pop rivets. Then I use body filler to smooth everything out to look like all one body piece. All that my be overkill but I didnt want it to move at all. I also used a seam sealer between all fiberglass and metal. Again this maybe overkill but it satisfied me that it would not move.

I dont know how far away you are from Versailles, Ky but you are more than welcome to come by my place and see what your getting into. I can be in Tenn. in just a couple of hours from here.

See ya,
Stanley

·
GT Resurrectionist
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm about a hour from Whitley City Ky, down here in Lancing Tn. I'll be so busy on the car I don't think I'll have time to come up that way. I'm making floor boards for the GT right now. Plus I still have some work to do on the Impala. The cars take all my free time.:( But it will be worth it in the end.

I would take Pics and post them here but you would probley say why are you fixing that. It's in bad shape, but it was my first car and just can't let it rust away. It's been sitting for about 10 years so you can imagin.

Sounds like your like me, do it right the first time and dont worry about it. I'll probley do mine the same way with ribbits and bolts. Thanks for the info.

Kevin Heidel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts