Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Opeler
23 Posts
Hey, I just imported a 73 from Nebraska, the body is sound but needs some work. The resto is scheduled to take 2 years, I hope that it goes faster though. I currently live in Northern Ontario, but the wife left me so I'm looking for a nice place for me and my Opel. This is my 3 rd gt, I have also had a 71 and a 72. I would love an all Canadian Opel rally in the future, that would be a show. Happy Opelling to all. :cool:

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Canadianly Connected!

My Best Lady was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and her relatives live in Thunder Bay, Ontario. My youngest sister married a Canadian and lives in Frederickton, New Brunswick as a naturalised Canuck. So even though I live way down under, in another british colony, with my 1972 GT (and my Best Lady!) there are strong family connections. Proud to be a Kiwi though! :)

·
Opeler
23 Posts
Just now I reside in Blind River On, the land of 3 classic cars, 1 barracuda, 1 Mustang, late 60's I think, and one 73 Opel gt. Just now though, I am looking for a new home as I said, the wife left me and now the Opel is all mine, she can have the dog, never liked it much anyway lol.

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Just purchased 73 GT several days ago, gutted inside today and lucked out; one hole to weld /rivet in along drivers side beside electrical wire near the brake pedal, The rest appeared great to the eye and the hammer.
QUOTE : IN KNEE DEEP AND NOT SINKING !! YET???
Greg Prouse.Norwich, Southwestern Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ontario Opeler.

Fellow Canadian Opelers. I've been absent from the Opel site for quite a long time. I've just learned of the Canadian site recently. I live in the Windsor area. I own 3 GT's. A '70 which is in restoration presently, a '71 in storage, and a '72 which either my son or I drive and show off.
We're planning to do an opel run for a week in northern Ontario this summer and it would be a pleasure to meet up with some Opel owners along the way.
The Ontario Craft Beer Route is a very good excuse to head north.

I'll check in for replies soon. Bye.

·
Old Car Guy !!
54 Posts
Canadian Opel Owners

Greg Prouse, Norwich, Ontario, 73 Gt in restoration, 71 Gt in waiting, 1970 Gt in Boxes, previouly owned at 71 Gt.

·
531 Posts
Greetings from BC

Hi,

I'm located in the greater Vancouver area, with a '71 GT. Can't drive the thing yet, it is still in pieces. It was raced at Westwood (anyone remember?) in 1975, long before I got it.

cheers,

James

·
Registered
16 Posts
front chrome bumper

dantheopelman said:
Me again. I'm definately in to some sort of get together in the summer. Keep me posted.
Hi. This is Dan Papp, aka CopperCan with a front bumper you've been looking for. I lost your phone # but it did recently turn up . I'll call you about how much before my son heads up there again; or for that matter, I'll drive up there myself.

·
Opeler
54 Posts
HI I'm in Ottawa. i've collect over the last 18 months 3 Opel GT's 1 1970 and 2 1971. Out of them there is two very heathy drive train and interiors.

Question is there some where to get fiberglass parts as one has fiberglass front fenders?

They are at the cottage so the work on the 70 is slow going, Hope to be able to safty it and drive by end of this summer.

Rob

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
jusy new last week

71 opel.all original including tires from JC Penny put on in 1976.great condition . doing some recommended modifications weber carb ,electroinic igntion,rewiring the head lights & of coarse new tires . All on order.live at Shawnigan lake ,vancouver island.

·
Opeler
3,698 Posts
GT Opeler from Southwest Ontario

Hi,
I leave in Goderich, Ontario "The Prettiest Town In Canada" where I moved from Europe in 1986.
Bought my 1972 GT in San Diego back in 1989 rust free and in running condition. Due to other priorities (mortgage, kids at university, foreign assignments) it was sitting in my garage until last year when I started ground-up restoration. 80% of work has been done, hope to put it on the road by Canada Day (also my anniversary!). In a meantime, I keep California licence plates on it for a short test-runs around the block :evil: .
P.J. Romano

Attachments

·
jamie opel gt
1 Posts
HI from saskatoon, sask. I have owned my orginal gt since 1975 has only 24,000 miles on it. Have not driven it since 1980, it has been in storage ever since .Since 1980 have purchased 5 other gts for extra parts , I am sort of apack rat. Would like to see everyone opels in Sask . sometime I travell through Tisdale on the way to the farm, and also to Regina the odd time. Hope to see all opels on the road soon. I hope to have mine perfect and all upgrades in the next couple of years.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts