Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
GR8GT
23 Posts
Not sure where Bainsville is but your closer than most - i think- . maybe see you around this coming season if anyone on this side of border wants to get together.

Wayne '72 GT

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
Wayne, there are a couple of us a lot closer to you than the Welsh Wizz....and there is a Summer BBQ usually at the end of June here in Toronto...last year we even had the street closed down to line the cars up....

·
Opeler
3,682 Posts
Do you guys mind if a Yank shows up? :) Toronto isn't too bad of a drive away from southeast Michigan.
I don't think that anybody would have anything against. Our problem is to first organize ourselves and arrange meetings and cruises. So far, the only gathering is at Rob's traditional barbecue meeting in Toronto. I hope that we can improve this.
By the way, aren't you selling your car or this is another GT in St. Claire Shores?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If you guys are preparing a late June classic car barbecue keep me posted and I mite make the 400km trip and meet some of yas.
Sadly my car will be spending the next two years on a rotisserie but I'll have her with me in spirit.:veryhappy

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
If you guys are preparing a late June classic car barbecue keep me posted and I mite make the 400km trip and meet some of yas.
Sadly my car will be spending the next two years on a rotisserie but I'll have her with me in spirit.:veryhappy
At the moment, pencil in Sat 26th June as the BBQ date...I'll confirm this date before Carlisle, but it is 99% set.

·
Super Moderator
13,457 Posts
At the moment, pencil in Sat 26th June as the BBQ date...I'll confirm this date before Carlisle, but it is 99% set.
This might be the year I make the trip up for your BBQ Robbie! Buy more beer.....:yup:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If Bob's going I'm definitely going!!!:yup:

·
Opeler
3,682 Posts
You noticed how Rob has been quiet recently about that cross-flow head?
I can bet you, he is bringing it to Carlisle, just not sure in which car. He would prefer in the Ascona but the right thing would be in the Conrero.:veryhappy

·
Super Moderator
13,457 Posts
You noticed how Rob has been quiet recently about that cross-flow head?
I can bet you, he is bringing it to Carlisle, just not sure in which car. He would prefer in the Ascona but the right thing would be in the Conrero.:veryhappy
I agree, the cross-flow engine yearns to live under the hood of the Conrero GT. He can just stick the 2.2 from the GT into his Ascona.

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
This might be the year I make the trip up for your BBQ Robbie! Buy more beer.....:yup:
I might just go the whole hog and get Steamwhistle to drop a Keg off....

As for what's coming to Carlisle this year....just my Mum's old Manta with a few tweeks...:veryhappy

·
Administrator
10,037 Posts
Proud Ontario Opeler!
6 Manta's and a GT here, 3 Manta's still in Scotland.
Been playing with Opel's for 24 years!
This post is funny! I'll bet that number has tripled in the 7 years since Rob posted it. :haha:

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
This post is funny! I'll bet that number has tripled in the 7 years since Rob posted it. :haha:
Hey...play fair Bossman!...old posts should have a time limit on how long you can drag them up....

Having said that, here's the current tally for those who care:
2 GT's
2 Ascona A sedan's
4 Sportwagon's
12 Manta A's
1 Manta B
1 Ascona B
1 Monza
1 Senator
1 Catera that thinks it's an Omega
2 Manta's and a GT in bits.
...And I 'might' be adding a '59 Rekord soon.....:p

·
Registered
31 Posts
will there be anyplace to stay for the outa towners? near by hotel, etc.
Im only 2hrs away, but im thinking more so about the others....

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
will there be anyplace to stay for the outa towners? near by hotel, etc.
Im only 2hrs away, but im thinking more so about the others....
Yes, there is Hotels and Motels all within 5 mins drive from my place. I can get some phone numbers etc if needed...

61 - 80 of 80 Posts