Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted a Yellow GT last night at the Bourne Rotary on the Cape. Wanted to see if it was anyone that frequents ogt.com.

Also curious to find out if there are any other GT'ers on the Cape and islands. (I know that Gary is in the area, but I think that his GT is red, new addition to the family?)

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to *try* to get my black GT there tommorrow on time, I am going to be driving down from work in Braintree, and this is the last night of the season, so it is going to be tight. But, worst case you can drive around the back of the school and sneak on to the soccer field (where most of the late-model imports wind up). You don't get a plaque that way, but at least you didn't drive that far to get turned away.

·
Administrator
10,214 Posts
They wouldn't let me play in their sandbox :(

Drove up to the entrance in the Senator and they said "You can't bring that in here, it needs to be a 'Race Car' or a Hot Rod."
I said it is a very rare car.
and he replied "What kind of car is that"
"Opel"
"An Opel, thats an Opel?" "Well turn around and park it in the lot and you can walk in."

Of course once I walked in, there were plenty of late model Vettes and an '81 Mercedes there.

I tell ya, Opels get no respect, no respect at all!!

I had to return something at the outlet mall near by so the 80 km (the Senators speedo is in Km) ride wasn't a complete waste.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I scoured the lot for your Senator, was sad to see that it wasn't there.

THAT'S GARBAGE they wouldn't let you in!!! Your Senator is so much nicer (and A LOT more rare) than 80% of the cars that they do let in. Like the DeLorean that was there for example. I saw a handfull of Caprices with NOTHING more than a K&N air filter and cheap chrome rims. There are two more weeks of Cruise Night (this was the last plaque night). Next week I am going to ask the guys at the entrance what the #$% is their problem. Respect the BLITZ.

Well, If you find yourself with some spare time on Sunday, The Falmouth Classic Car Club (not the ShamRods responsible for the Bourne disaster) is having a show at the Falmouth Harbor Band shell (near the Flying Bridge Restaraunt). Sunday 8/31/03 from 12 to 3. Live music too.

*Invitation open to ALL OPELS* My dad is a member of the club will make sure that none of the Opels get turned away.

Anyone interested in more details, please send me an email.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts