Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a question for all of you, my birsthday is coming up and i need ideas on car aces. my parents could get me for my GT in the 200-300 dollar range.. it's been completely rebuilt.. new interior bodywork and paint + stereo (many christmas birthday presnts involved here) so what do you guys think i could use?

P.S already have nardi leather stering wheel

thanks for input

·
Driver
987 Posts
Gee, sounds like you have it tough!:D Have you replaced the heater control panel? If not, it's only a matter of time before the plastic one breaks, trust me. OGTS sells an aluminum one that will live forever. Also, what my wife did for me, she got me the custom fit car cover from OGTS. An item I would have never bought for myself at about $180 I think. But that baby fits like a glove.
That is a really tough question. The list of things I want is endless, it's just up to you. Weber, Pertronix, sport suspension items, good tires, better exhaust? Do you need or want any of these things?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The heater control panel item sounds interesting. You are talking about the heat controls in the dash right? OPGTS sell an aluminum one of those? That sounds like it would look and last a lot better, any more interior items like that? Can i switch shift knobs on a getrag 5 speed to a momo one or something like that, or the pedals?? thanks for input.

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
If you have a Getrag you can change the knob to anything that you want.

The list of things to get in order of importance, if you don't already have them is.

1. weber carb

2. Ignition relay(the "otto start" I think it is called)

3. Petronix ignition.

4. Poly Bushings and new shocks

5. Anti-sway bars

actually I could go on forever, but you could get a few combinations of those for your price range.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
469 Posts
A new locking Gas Cap would look pretty cool. Something dressy like maybe buffed or chrome plated badges or valve cover. New dash or dash cover.
I know: how about a sony DV camera to mount in you GT when you solo2. It would improve your times and... Whoops there I go again.
,Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts