Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Opeler
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please send me a copy of the Car&Driver Opel GT project car article.I need it for research for my own project and can't find it anywhere.Thanks

·
Opeler
117 Posts
I'll scan it this evening in both on-screen and print quality versions so that someone can get a good print from it if they want to. The print file will be quite a bit larger. What address do you want them e-mailed to Gary?

Swiss

·
Opeler
117 Posts
Gary, I have print and web versions of the pages scanned, just need the e-mail address to send them.

Swiss

·
Super Moderator
5,992 Posts
Gary,

The first page (the C&D title page photo) won't come up at the full resolution, and when I try to to save the picture that is there, it is only "there" at one-half resolution (442 x 600 pixels), although the legend says it was posted at 884 x 1200 pixels. The rest of the photos wokk fine, and thanks for posting this.

I have noticed that there are a few photos in various albums that have this problem. If you find out why this happens, I will let you know about the other photo's as I stumble upon them. Unless it is something I can fix, if you let me know how.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
It's fixed.

The size of the "Large" pic exceeded the max allowed. I increased the default max size. The program automatically resizes the photos to a thumbnail, mid size, and the actual (large) size. 600 pixels is the "Mid" size.

Post any missing ones to the Bug Report forum. I'll check to see if there is a way to give you admin rights to the photos.

·
Opeler
7 Posts
Hello Ricracer. You may or may not know that Car and Driver had a thing for the OPEL GT. In december of 1968 they did a preview test of the first GT's in the 1.1 configuration. And did not nessasarily have a glowing review for the early car. They also did a review in September of 1969 althow I have yet to see this particular article, the July 1970 Car and Driver states they had many unkind things to say about the GT.
Then prior too(I'm assuming) the J. Edgar Opel test results article that has been posted here. They also ran a story on the black and (yellow?) car. This article doesnt really give many details as to what all had been done to the car before the test results but is interresting reading of the time. I'll scan both articles and send them to gary "at " opelgt.com. Hopefully he can post them for all to read.
I also have several more articles from CAR LIFE, CAR COLLECTOR. and SPORTS CAR GRAFIC that may be of intrest to all the OPEL nutz out here. I'll send them in as soon as I can get them scanned.

·
Administrator
10,272 Posts
That's great, Mountainash. I'm trying to put together an upload section for posting articles like that.

In the mean time, the new max. upload size for pictures in the gallery has been increased to 1200 X 1200 pixels with a 400K limit. It will stay that way unless it starts to get abused. So you (or anyone else) can upload scans to the Misc. gallery.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Since this article has been found, did C&D do one on the Ascona Sedan? I have a scan of the HOT ROD article that they did on the Manta. The one that Bob Bondurant test drove. I also have one on the Turbo Manta, this is not the "Broadspeed" Manta, it's was one done by the magazine itself (I think) The car had rear disc brakes.
Gene

·
Opeler
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
car & driver project car

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help and interest,I used to live in Spain in the early 70's and went to alot of rallys and races I remember the Opel as doing pretty good in most of the events I saw it in. I also remember the first time I saw a GT and have always wanted one. I remember that the Magazines weren't always nice in the things they said about the GT , but I aslo remember that C & D had several Opel project cars including a turbo Manta . I have a Spanish Auto Magazine that shows the Opel GT finishing 3rd in the Targa Florio and know that it was a Conrero car. I also remember that Opel in Europe was a highly thought of Marque to this day.I'm trying to collect every thing I can before I get my car and make as Practical a Modern Gt as I can, Thanks again for all your help.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Gary;
All that I knew, that's what prompted me to ask about the possible article.
Gene

1 - 20 of 24 Posts