Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Car maintenance Apps are you using?
Good things and bad things about them?
Free apps for multiple cars, or do you have to pay for?
What I'm looking for are basic things like to record dates and mileage for oil/radiator fluid/tire/whatever changes. If it automatically tracks my mileage and tells me the mpg when I type in the amount of gas that would be a bonus already.
If it's trying to remind me that my car needs a wax job and offers me to buy $hit, I don't want it!

Let's see what you use!

Dieter

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I keep a small ring bound pad and pencil in each cars glove box and check it each time I fill up to track mileage, services and repairs in chronological order. Low tech and it will never crash. Good for resale too.

·
RunOpel
1,253 Posts
I to like the old fashion way of keeping records by writing in a notebook :) The problem with any system is being diligent enough to maintain the information. Good intentions are merely good intentions. However, by keeping up to date records whether you use an app or write it down, will certainly help with future maintenance.

I also use an excel spread sheet that has date/mileage/description/cost/etc that really helps to show what has been done on the GT. Like Ken said, its very useful for resale :) not to mention it highlights how much you have spent thus far :p That's probably the most humbling information...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts