Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
802 Posts
Car show in August in Colfax Indiana

:) We have a car show in this little town Aug. 15,which is a sunday, It would be nice if we could get some opels to this show,never had one here before, Mine will be here this year, We are in the north central part of Ind. A town called Colfax, Cobble stone streets downtown where the show is held, sometimes a lot of cars show up if it is not raining, i think the most was 250 cars, Good time to get togeather with other opelers, Zip code here is 46035, put that in mapquest it will show you how to get here , starts about 9am untill about 3pm, I think there is a $10.00 entry fee, if anyone would like to come we could meet at my place and park togeather at the show, It is about two blocks to downtown, I think there are 950 people in this town, no stoplights, just signs. any questions call me at 765-430-6921, Paul :D

·
Vendor
2,941 Posts
I'm in (in IN)

Hey Paul,
Looks like you are about 30 miles up rt 52 from here.
My '73 GT should be roadworthy by then, so I'm definitely interested in
joining you.
How about it? Any other Hoosier Opelers? :cool:
Ron

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
opels in Indiana

Hi Ron, That would be nice if you can make it, I know of a couple of other locals that are trying to make it, Hope this post will help get more, Then hope for good weather :D If you can make it call me at tx # I posted and I will help guide you here. Later on, Paul

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i'm in southwest michigan, my GT is becoming very trustworthy, especially after tonight so i think i might be up for the 100 mile or so drive.

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is getting better

Hope you can make it, If you need any more info just call me :)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
will do. rather than hydroplaing easily, i love the car. had HORRABLE storms here tonight, had to drive an hour and a half round trip and couldnt go over 53MPH on I 135 or it'd start to drift and get squirely, very scarry when you can't see very far infront of you cuz the rain makes a sheet of water on your windshield like a waterfall. one of those"only see it int he movies" kinda thing. even with all that water the ignition didnt short out, cap stayed dry and the carb didn't seem to act up with all the water, so i'm a believer in it after this and the last 3,000 miles.

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
show in Indiana

Just a note to see if anyone else might be in this area Aug. 15th,be nice to get a lot of opels here this year :D

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
maybe my gt will be road worthy by then...

Well it is about 2-3 hour drive... and i'll try to make it out... if not with my Gt then with an ugly mini van... but if i can make it out without the gt i will still bring pictures

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
show in Indiana

Willy that would be a nice day out if you can make it with or without GT. It is always a good show,Lot of nice hot rods in this area :D

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
closest hotel??

where is the closest hotel to the car show????

·
Registered
88 Posts
An Opel GT Show!

Well, I am planning on bringing my '70 Opel GT to the car show in Colfax. Eventhough it could use a fresh coat of paint, I'll still bring it. It would be nice to have several Opels all gathered together. One does not often see Opels in car shows along with muscle cars and other antiques. Opel GT's almost always turn heads when driven down the road or street. It would also be nice to see some Mantas or Kadettes, if there are some in the local area. Lets hope for some decent weather; no rain and not so hot. My Opel (and I) prefers cooler weather!

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
car show in Ind

There is a motel about 3 miles from Colfax on corner of highway 52 and 28. I will find out name and tx# in the am and post it here :D

·
'69 GT- Guards Red
26 Posts
If the weather is good and my wife does not have other plan, I'll be there. I'm in the process of installing a bored and stroked 1.9. New engine specs. 2.2, 10.5:1, big valve head and hot cam (adv. dur. 266 deg, .481 lift) with compufire ignition. Sould be finished in time, if I can determine the best exhaust.

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
show in Indiana

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
show in Indiana

Just thought I would bring this up again incase someone else is in this area and did not see this post about the show here in Colfax Aug. 15. Trying to get some OPELS together for conversation and whatever, :D

·
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
show in Indiana

just a note in case someone else might be wanting to come to the show here in Colfax Indiana, the more the better, Aug.15 Sunday, :D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
how many opels do you think are showing up, me included?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts