Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OpelGirl
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two coming up in my neck of the woods.

First is the Mendon Dust Off here's the info i got from a Ford forum. But i have confirmed the date/time with a friend who has a flyer.

Posted: 3/26/06 9:17pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mendon Michigan presents 43nd annual old car DUST OFF

May 7th..... Mendon high school parking lot..8 am to 3 pm

Show cars.. no charge...no fee..car, driver and 1 passanger enter free in anique cars 25 yrs and older or special interest collector cars and trucks.

Pancake breakfast by Kiwanis in high school cafeteria from 7:30am to 10:30am.. other food and drink available till 3pm at various concession stands.

parts, parts cars, vintage to modified.. a little something for all ages

public admin-3$ 12 and under free

vendor spaces avail 10'x20' spaces 15$ each early setup saturday 3-6 pm only sunday at 7am.....

overnight primative campin available at no charge

more info contact..... Jerry or Mary Bennett 269-649-1335


I have no idea how big or splashy this one is as i have never gone to it.

Next one is a good one, 2 days but usually Sunday doesn't last very long or have near as many people.

I will be going to both, but the Coldwater show is on the same day as Colt's first Tball game, his game is at 10:30 and lasts around an hour. So i won't make it to the show till around noon.


http://www.carshowswapmeet.com/schedule.html

Any michiganders or hoosiers, ohioans....heck anyone who feels like coming feel free!

Kim
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
kndlindsey said:
Two coming up in my neck of the woods.

First is the Mendon Dust Off here's the info i got from a Ford forum. But i have confirmed the date/time with a friend who has a flyer.

Posted: 3/26/06 9:17pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mendon Michigan presents 43nd annual old car DUST OFF

May 7th..... Mendon high school parking lot..8 am to 3 pm

Show cars.. no charge...no fee..car, driver and 1 passanger enter free in anique cars 25 yrs and older or special interest collector cars and trucks.

Pancake breakfast by Kiwanis in high school cafeteria from 7:30am to 10:30am.. other food and drink available till 3pm at various concession stands.

parts, parts cars, vintage to modified.. a little something for all ages

public admin-3$ 12 and under free

vendor spaces avail 10'x20' spaces 15$ each early setup saturday 3-6 pm only sunday at 7am.....

overnight primative campin available at no charge

more info contact..... Jerry or Mary Bennett 269-649-1335


I have no idea how big or splashy this one is as i have never gone to it.

Next one is a good one, 2 days but usually Sunday doesn't last very long or have near as many people.

I will be going to both, but the Coldwater show is on the same day as Colt's first Tball game, his game is at 10:30 and lasts around an hour. So i won't make it to the show till around noon.


http://www.carshowswapmeet.com/schedule.html

Any michiganders or hoosiers, ohioans....heck anyone who feels like coming feel free!

Kim
Wouldn't that be 'Buckeyes'? :yup:
 

·
OpelGirl
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did mix my terminology because I don't know what you call people in indiana? is it indianans? or is it just hoosiers? but if you went with michiganders than ohioans would be correct, course I don't know what you call michiganders to correlate to buckeyes.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,290 Posts
Michiganders . . .

kndlindsey said:
yes i did mix my terminology because I don't know what you call people in indiana? is it indianans? or is it just hoosiers? but if you went with michiganders than ohioans would be correct, course I don't know what you call michiganders to correlate to buckeyes.
. . . uh, Michigeese, maybe?! :lmao:

You could always call them Wolverines, though I would think that would upset the Spartans somewhat!
 

·
Detroit,where my home was
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
tekenaar said:
. . . uh, Michigeese, maybe?! :lmao:

You could always call them Wolverines, though I would think that would upset the Spartans somewhat!
And one person from Michigan maybe a Michigoose?? :haha: just kidding :p
 

·
1000 Post Club
Joined
·
1,247 Posts
Being from Michigan, I know that the Upper Penn. people are called Yoopers, and up Lower Penn. people are the Trolls (because we live under the bridge) :yup:
 

·
OpelGirl
Joined
·
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now i didn't even know that. I posted a "are you a REAL michigander" in the humor section. I wondered what all that yooper and troll stuff was about.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
427 Posts
Sparky73 said:
Being from Michigan, I know that the Upper Penn. people are called Yoopers, and up Lower Penn. people are the Trolls (because we live under the bridge) :yup:
And just to clarify for those that do not know.. Yoopers refers to people in the Upper Penninsula, or UP, hence, Yoopers..
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top