Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's time to start the fun part of this re-build. After spending most of the spring with disassambly, clean-up, painting old parts, & waiting for new engine "innards" to arrive, I've come to a cross road. Just a couple of questions..for now. I have the Weber 32/36 with water choke. This has been sitting "idle" for a few years. Is this carb easy enuf to re-build or can someone suggest a competent shop?
Second question..what keeps the cam from "walking" toward the back of the engine. The movement forward is controlled with the nylon "button". I know it can't be magic.
Thanks
KJK

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Pull the top of the carb and clean the bowl area. Spray carb cleaner through the jets using the cleaner spray extension tube. (Be careful of spray back toward your eyes. Not a pleasant experience!)

The "magic" is the rear of the cam sprocket. ;)

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Go to racetep

Go to racetep.com and convert that to an electric choke. $40. While you are there, get the performance jet kit. For about $30 mor bucks, you can add about 10 hp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good deal.I was hoping that the Weber was re-build friendly. I was thinking about changing the jets but didn't know how much was too much. I did replace the cam with a 430 lift & 268 duration. What size works good?
Hey Vooduu, when it's running, drive it up to the mountains & show me. It'll be a great first drive.
Parts are "flying " together now. Can't wait to be in the running stage, like you are.
KJK

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Mountain drive

Where are you at?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I noticed after I filed the reply that my location isn't posted, anymore. I'm in North Ga. Ever heard of Taccoa. It's right on the SC border around Lake Hartwell. Depending on your location, you're looking at about a 2 hour drive....one way. What else did you build the GT for but driving on mountain roads?
KJK

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Yes, I know Toccoa

Ive gone climbing up there several times. Its a great winter climb because the sun pounds down on the rock in the winter and warms it up enough that one time I climbed in just my underwear and a t-shirt. (I wore boxers, thank god)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts