Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a heat shield gasket and a carb spacer/gasket. Do I use gasket sealer on both sides of the heat shield gasket but none on the carb gasket.......or only the manifold side of the carb gasket?????

also......are nylocks the best way to go on the carb nuts or regular nuts and washer + lock washers?

Thanks

·
Driver
987 Posts
It's best if you don't use any gasket sealer. Unless you've got some warping you really shouldn't need any. I used nylar lock nuts with shorter studs than the stock. If you don't use shorter studs then you have to stack washer up to get it tightened down.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
opelenvy said:
It's best if you don't use any gasket sealer. Unless you've got some warping you really shouldn't need any. I used nylar lock nuts with shorter studs than the stock. If you don't use shorter studs then you have to stack washers up to get it tightened down.
OR buy 5/16" x 1/4" thick spacers at any good hardware store, use stock nut and stock locking "wave" washer. DON'T OVERTIGHTEN NUTS!
;)

Gasket stackup order from manifold to carb base is: paper gasket, metal heat shield, paper gasket, phenolic spacer, paper gasket.
:D

·
1,973 Posts
could some one tell me some of the dimentions of the inner edge of a weber (32/36) gasket and also diameters of the primary and secondary sides. I just want an Idea of how much I need to open up the top of the intake manifold before I get the actual gasket.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Sizes

jordan said:
could some one tell me some of the dimentions of the inner edge of a weber (32/36) gasket and also diameters of the primary and secondary sides. I just want an Idea of how much I need to open up the top of the intake manifold before I get the actual gasket.
Let's see now: primary (outside, away from engine) = 32mm (1.26"/~1 1/4") bore; secondary (inside, toward engine) = 36mm (1.42" /~1 3/8") bore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts