Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I know, I know....the dreaded Solex VS. the beloved Webber debate again.:D To be perfectly honest, I happen to agree with that 99 percent and I'll eventually be upgrading to the Webber. However, the current Solex is working great if I could just get that leak stopped, so I really need to spend what little budget I've got on more important things like brakes and such. Besides, if I don't get the front brakes working better, then putting a webber on it will only make the inevitable crash more spectacular.:eek:
As for fixing the leak, I really like Bob's idea of "baking and soldering" it, but I'd hate to take the carb apart since it's actually working so good. So, I guess I'll try Chuck's idea first. If that doesn't stop the leak and I've got to remove the top off of the carb anyway, I'll probably just swap top plates with one from another carb. I've now got 3 complete and 2 partial Solex's in my collection, and the one I just replaced didn't leak, so I should be able to stick that top plate on it. I just hate to think of tearing into the first "good" Solex that I've found, but that's life......
Thanks for all the help again guys!!
John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re start problems

The issue i am having is one car is warmed up and i shut down to go to store or refuel, the only way i can get it to restart is to floor the pedal and crank 3 or 4 times. Any ideas of what coul be my issue?

Jeffrey

·
Über Genius
9,456 Posts
The issue i am having is one car is warmed up and i shut down to go to store or refuel, the only way i can get it to restart is to floor the pedal and crank 3 or 4 times. Any ideas of what coul be my issue?

Jeffrey
Gas has ethanol. Ethanol boils at a low point.
Hot engine causes gas to boil over and flood the engine.

It happens to most of us.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts