Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace my failing Weber 32/36 and I can't decide if I should get another 32/36 or upgrade to a 38. The engine is a 2.0L with an Isky OR-66 hydraulic cam, Sprint exhaust manifold, and Crane XR700 ignition system. The intake is ported as per RallyBob's Torquer/Hot-Street Combo specs. By the time I replace the carb the exhaust will be upgraded to 2" pipe to the muffler and 2 1/2" out the back through two Pace Setter exhaust resonators.
Just can't decide which carburetor to get. Any recommendations will be most beneficial.
Thanks, Brian

648 Posts
Brian,

I started with a stock 1.9 with a 32/36 a few years ago. It ran well, but had some lag when the rear barrel opened. I then rejetted it and got rid of the lag. I then replaced it with a 38 because I was building a hot 2.0 and knew I'd need it in the future. It was a noticeable improvement, even on the stock 1.9. I then used the 38 on the new engine for the past couple of years. It has been a good carb, except that it was more sensitive to fuel pressure then the 32/36 was. I had to add a fuel pressure regulator to keep it from flooding.

Our engines are similar. I think the 38 would really wake up a modified engine like yours, compared to the 32/36.

IMHO
James

· Super Moderator
15,257 Posts
N61WP said:
It has been a good carb, except that it was more sensitive to fuel pressure then the 32/36 was. I had to add a fuel pressure regulator to keep it from flooding.
Installing a smaller fuel inlet needle from a 32/36 helps here. The 38 DGAS has a larger needle and seat, which is great for higher flow, but not necessary on a stock or nearly stock engine.

· Non Civilian
2,104 Posts
you might as well just get a 2.0 FI from OGTS for about $400. easyer to start better milage, more modern, and more "upgradeable".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.