Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
heat shield

I have insulated my gas line with rubber and plastic,i also use a plastic filter.

i am plagued by lengthy starts when hot and garage that smells like gas when the engine is warm...irregardless of outdoor temp.

what do you think?

Attachments

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
weird

this is weird...the exhaust manifold is designed to heat the carburator..with its heat riser....now we talk about heat cooling it with a heat shield....

ps: i saw something similar at "best buy electronics" it was an refrigerator-oven....keeps food cool for up to 24 hours..then the timer goes off ..cooks your food..then keeps it warm till you get home from rush hour traffic.if you work late.goes back into cool cycle ..so it doesnt spoil.:rolleyes:

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
heat shield

1-does a weber 32-36 (or other carburated format ) NORMALLY need a heatshield to prevent a "dry bowl when engine is hot"

2-does a sprint exhaust bypass the need for a heatshield?

3-my understanding here..is that most people are running without heatshields...especially if they have changed carbs...

4-should a mechanical fuel pump be wrapped in insulation to prevent its absorption of heat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.