Opel GT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Senior Contributor
1,573 Posts
Hotel rates going up??

I always thought we always neg. the deal for the next year while we are at Carlisle...Yea with that Vinny guy... He is always so Happy we re-book with them a year in advance... humm next time we should get it in writing.. I guess it is what it is... I guess We are just use to that dump LOL We are a noisy bunch too
( bench racing) and all.....

http://classicopels.com/gallery/index.php/Image/138-Carlisle-2016-Club-Photo/

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
Pricing is $99.99 for thurs night,
$129.99 for fri and sat.
Anyone has a problem with the prices, feel free to negotiate yourself a deal at the Hotel of your choosing.
You're right Charles, this is a cluster every year, so this is the last year I'll be doing it.
Have at it.
Rob.
I know we all apprecaite it.. I think they are either taking advantage of us, or its because of the ricers. Overall it looks like prices have risen across Carlisle for this weekend. So probably more the ricers taking up the other hotels.

Our current Hotel shows no avilability on Hotels.com probably because Rob saved our spot so to speak. We also get the room in the evening which is a side benefit we won't find in most hotels.

Other option across the street from the "club hotel" is the Super 8 @ $56 to $70 but Hotels.com only shows 3 rooms left.

https://www.hotels.com/hotel/detail...2&WOE=7&WOD=5&ZSX=0&SYE=3&q-room-0-children=0

For other cheaper options looking at Hotels.com the "Old" Knights Inn is $69 a night..

https://www.hotels.com/hotel/detail...33&q-room-0-adults=2&YGF=14&MGT=2&ZSX=0&SYE=3

Not sure how long thats good for and no one has contacted them. But if the $129 is a bit of a sitcker shock.. it could be an option. They are about halfway between the current hotel and I-76 on the other side of I-81.

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
I always thought we always neg. the deal for the next year while we are at Carlisle...Yea with that Vinny guy... He is always so Happy we re-book with them a year in advance... humm next time we should get it in writing.. I guess it is what it is... I guess We are just use to that dump LOL We are a noisy bunch too
( bench racing) and all.....
There is the meeting room, the inside hallways, and the large parking area.

We did try other hotels. This one would always be the best bang for the buck, usually because it was a few miles out of the way. I think this year the ricers are taking up more rooms than last year.

Other chain hotels ( Super 8, etc.. ) wouldn't reserve a block for us. So, instead of a deal I guess we pay for the benefit of having rooms and having them together. Something we aren't guaranteed to have with a larger audience at the show.

If it doesn't work out this year I am sure the prices will go back to normal.

· Senior Contributor
1,573 Posts
We are just so use to that place, and it is known for years Opelers we stay there,,, like you said the room and the parking area. the crappy breakfast LOL ..and we have never had any problems with are car parked there too... Maybe they we'll have the Elevator fixed this year :lmao:

I guess we should all start booking our rooms Thanks Rob,, for doing this for us each year :You_Rock_

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Room reservation made, now I just need my bumper back from the chroming dude so I don't have to drive naked :silly: :shocked: :veryhappy.

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
Could one of our fine moderators add Carlisle 2017 in the Upcoming Events section, please?
Not that we don’t know but it is good reminder.
It was there until one of our Moderators who has a funny name deleted the first post... I may have to start a new event thread and try to merge these posts.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.