Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.... Since no one has contacted the hotel (Days Inn North Carlisle) to get a club rate, I thought I would just make a suggestion. Gene had mentioned a while back that he found the hotel on Expedia, Trivago, Orbitz, etc. I checked them out and most are offering $99 per night. I guess the price will go up as we get closer to Carlisle show in May.

It may be easier to just go to one of those sites to get your room. When I called the hotel directly a few weeks ago, they wanted $149.95 a night! If it was a five star hotel, that may be OK.... But not here.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I know this has been discussed on the "Carlisle 2018" post started by PJ but just wanted to get this hotel thing straightened out.

Remember last year, the hotel lost our early reservations! :thinking::pat:

· Senior Contributor
1,573 Posts
Opel Parade from Hotel

Go to Shippenburg,PA Stay in a better place, PJ has given it thumbs up as a decent place to stay, it's further from the show field. but I think it's much better.. am booked

https://www.reservations.com/hotel/...&rc-ro=1&rc-lo=Shippensburg&rc-ppid=0&rc-rm=1
I think refund fee $14.99 can. fee 90.per room

Just as a Club Thing,,, My opinion is that We should all Do!! At a Time we can ""ALL agree On""
Saturday morning at the hotel parking lot a set time in the morning... To hit the road as a Opel Group to Parade to the show at say between 7:30- 8:30 Am flexi on the set time Sat. maybe?
This way people (Cars) who arrive together can park together
( It's something we up north do )
then we can
Hit the Road As a Group it really fun,, and makes a statement when we arrive all together on the Show field like a Opel club thing.. just idea!
"" see How Many Heads we can Turn on the way"" :veryhappy

· Can Opeler
4,116 Posts
I made my reservation at days inn with free cancellation. $114 a night compared to the $99 otherwise (hotels.com)
I would be ok with staying in the other hotel if enough people agree with it. If I’m driving 1400 miles I want to be at a decent place:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I booked the Days Inn North for Edwin and myself on Hotels.com for $ 99 a night, including taxes it turns out to be 324 per person for 3 nights each (we are coming up from Georgia on Thursday). Gene is in the same hotel as well, same price, and all without haggling with them.

Dieter

Reactions: Ooooner and Gary

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okie dokie... I just reserved my room through www.Hotels.com at Days Inn Carlisle North. Much easier than calling the hotel itself and needing an interpreter.

Just for your information: There are two options: 1) $99 a night but there is a charge for cancellation if you decide you can’t go. 2) $117 a night but you get free cancellation if you’ve got to cancel for some reason. They also give you the option of paying now or paying at the hotel.

I printed out my reservation confirmation number and I’ll take it with me when I check in. If some of you remember, the hotel lost a lot of our reservations last year! :boggled:

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Okie dokie... I just reserved my room through www.Hotels.com at Days Inn Carlisle North. Much easier than calling the hotel itself and needing an interpreter.

Just for your information: There are two options: 1) $99 a night but there is a charge for cancellation if you decide you can’t go. 2) $117 a night but you get free cancellation if you’ve got to cancel for some reason. They also give you the option of paying now or paying at the hotel.

I printed out my reservation confirmation number and I’ll take it with me when I check in. If some of you remember, the hotel lost a lot of our reservations last year! :boggled:
I believe they all got lost due to a reservation system upgrade which more than likely will not happen again.

Reactions: Ooooner

· Opeler
800 Posts
I'm booked at the Days Inn at military discount for 89 a night. Check the websites for these discounts. I did book about 6 weeks ago though.

Reactions: Ooooner
4,243 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.