Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Save 20% on showfield registrations and 2018 season passes!
Holiday Sale starts on Black Friday, November 24, 2017 and runs through December 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=23

· Opeler
800 Posts
What's the link to register and when is the deadline for savings please?

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Reactions: Ooooner

· Opeler
800 Posts
Registered last week to get the discount, booked the hotel as well as I know it fills up fast!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Hotel

Ok... just called the Days Inn Carlisle North (717-245-2242). Obviously, the hotel has not been booked yet for our club because when I called today, she wanted $149.99 a night! :shocked:

I told the lady, though I’m not too sure she understood the English language because I couldn’t understand what she was saying, that I would call back later.

· Senior Contributor
1,573 Posts
I really don't want to say anything "" Bad "" about our Host Hotel... The Opel Group has stayed at this Location
for many years.. even after Changing owners to Days Inn. If you ask me the place is a dump a Truck Stop Hotel.. but that's where Opelers like to Stay...... """ Why"" ?? Because there a conference room For us to party bench race, swap parts, stories, etc... :banana: and the Diner is right next door, but it;s the farthest Hotel from the Carlisle Show Field

Last Year the Conference Room was Fill to the ceiling with Dirty Used Bedding and Mattress,
( some were worried about bed bugs ) Not even room for us to Hang Out much. Just Saying... maybe time to find a Better Hotel..
as the Opel group can not book a year in advance. change is for the Goood :p

· Administrator
10,419 Posts
I really don't want to say anything "" Bad "" about our Host Hotel... The Opel Group has stayed at this Location
for many years.. even after Changing owners to Days Inn. If you ask me the place is a dump a Truck Stop Hotel.. but that's where Opelers like to Stay...... """ Why"" ?? Because there a conference room For us to party bench race, swap parts, stories, etc... :banana: and the Diner is right next door, but it;s the farthest Hotel from the Carlisle Show Field

Last Year the Conference Room was Fill to the ceiling with Dirty Used Bedding and Mattress,
( some were worried about bed bugs ) Not even room for us to Hang Out much. Just Saying... maybe time to find a Better Hotel..
as the Opel group can not book a year in advance. change is for the Goood :p
Anyone want to volunteer to do a search for another hotel?

· Opeler
800 Posts
I booked a room there already for like 100 bucks a night on a military discount.

· Senior Contributor
1,573 Posts
Anyone want to volunteer to do a search for another hotel?
If I remember correctly from last year that Rionart Rob stated that he had enough with dealing with the Hotel staff and will not be booking us rooms "" No More"" here the link http://www.opelgt.com/forums/northeast/93233-carlisle-2017-a-2.html

Just as a reminder too from last year,, if you book with this Days Inn.. you better call them a week before and make sure your room is still there.. last year computer glich ( so they say)""" Arrived and all the rooms booked purged from computer system... all reservations lost ... Good thing I got a crappy room.

I think Charles was up to the job last year,, Maybe one of our members local to Carlisle could check into the hotels and possible make a deal.. Soon before rooms book up for that weekend.. We can always bench race with the campers at Carlisle.. :yup:

· Opeler
800 Posts
Given the timing to May and how popular the event is for the area I would think booking hotel rooms will get troublesome in the very near future. It's been 10 years since I've been (live changes!) and so I'm really looking forward to getting back there! If the group changes hotels please let me know soonest!

· Opeler
896 Posts
I think PJ found a nice hotel last year but it was some distance away. The Days Inn is convenient, has good parking, and that diner next door. I could go either way. I was disappointed last year, not just from the mattress situation but for the changing room rate (the discount was for one night only). I think we should be treated better. I'd like to keep the group together, so I will compromise, but if the distant hotel is reasonable I would like to give it a try.

Bill

3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I stay at Shippen's Place hotel in Shippensburg, 20 miles from Carlisle. It makes easy 25 minutes ride.
Hotel is newly renovated, very clean, free wi-fi, large parking with excellent pub style restaurant with outside serving area as well. Several other restaurants are available at the walking distance.
https://www.reservations.com/hotel/...MIqLOY5ZmF2QIVl7XACh1r0A0yEAAYASAAEgJ2iPD_BwE
I am already booked via Hotels.com at the special rate of US$66 per night but most rates are approx. 70-75 dollars per night.

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
This has been a complaint for years, but when it all comes down to it, we love to hate this hotel. It has too many good points, to let a few things hinder it

In most cases the comp room is perfect, last year they had beds in it...although I'm pretty sure they were wrapped new beds for the rooms, and not the old beds.

The parking lot is safe, and designed for no traffic to be driving through

The Diner next door....lets face it, they have the best food in town, and we can walk to it

The rooms are not that bad for the money, so they fit a lot of budgets...I camped last year, and will not do that again. Its too noisy there now with the Tuner crowd, reving there engines and yelling all night.

We tried another Days Inn, back a few years ago, and it was a bit busy, the rooms were not that great, and the comp rom was too small.

I'm not against trying new things, but if you don't have someone close that can really work out the details and location/cost, its just easy to do the same as we always have.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.