Opel GT Forum banner

Carlisle 2018

20K views 178 replies 34 participants last post by  slracer 
I really don't want to say anything "" Bad "" about our Host Hotel... The Opel Group has stayed at this Location
for many years.. even after Changing owners to Days Inn. If you ask me the place is a dump a Truck Stop Hotel.. but that's where Opelers like to Stay...... """ Why"" ?? Because there a conference room For us to party bench race, swap parts, stories, etc... :banana: and the Diner is right next door, but it;s the farthest Hotel from the Carlisle Show Field

Last Year the Conference Room was Fill to the ceiling with Dirty Used Bedding and Mattress,
( some were worried about bed bugs ) Not even room for us to Hang Out much. Just Saying... maybe time to find a Better Hotel..
as the Opel group can not book a year in advance. change is for the Goood :p

Anyone want to volunteer to do a search for another hotel?
If I remember correctly from last year that Rionart Rob stated that he had enough with dealing with the Hotel staff and will not be booking us rooms "" No More"" here the link http://www.opelgt.com/forums/northeast/93233-carlisle-2017-a-2.html

Just as a reminder too from last year,, if you book with this Days Inn.. you better call them a week before and make sure your room is still there.. last year computer glich ( so they say)""" Arrived and all the rooms booked purged from computer system... all reservations lost ... Good thing I got a crappy room.

I think Charles was up to the job last year,, Maybe one of our members local to Carlisle could check into the hotels and possible make a deal.. Soon before rooms book up for that weekend.. We can always bench race with the campers at Carlisle.. :yup:

Am tired of that Crappy hotel,, It's where Truckers Stay overnight, and they don't need to much..

Am just saying with a Group of appox. 30-50 Opelers we should stay at better place. For some of us this the
"" Only Big Opel Event all year"" Let's make it a Great Time..Make it Count people are spending thousand of dollars to Go to Las Vegas and we stay at the crappiest hotel.. also I think we deserve better than Diner food

as for the Bench Racing Room... Most Good Hotels have a Event room, A ball room, A Recreation Room, A Pool Area, etc. and large parking lots..So why not have Nights in a Hotel Event room/Ball room than Dinner than hang out for bench racing after, The expense for the Dinner room/ ball room will pay off with after with Bench Racing... Am sure we can arrange something, as a Group.. We not that cheap// We would need to form a committee to agree on.
Just throwing out my idea's

Yeah, I'll second that. We've gotta stop acting like cheapskate Opelers who beg for spare change at bus stops and make parts for our cars out of bailing wire and beer cans.

Why can't we make a arrangements at TWO hotels, a good one and a "budget" one? I'm sure it would be okay for the budgey folk to come over to the Ritz Carlisle's swanky leather-seated, hot cocktail-waitressed, Recreation room. Of course they would have to be frisked at the door in case they tried to smuggle in moonshine or steal the silverware when they leave.

:lmao:

Gordon are you not going to the Great American Road Trip, with your GTX? I have seen OGTS posted a Head count thread... What do Opelers DO if they "" Don't have a MY FACE Account"" oopps Face Book account.
I'm sorry I don't believe in that crap JMHO
So the head count is hidden here on this site...nice
Here is the head count so far for Carlisle
Club Events
Not too many so far.
For me that weekend falls on my brothers 60th Birthday, and am expected to be present, so am still up in the air what I'll decided to do. I think it will be a low turn out this year, but should still be a Good time anyway.. like we always do
""" If it Don't RAIN every freaken time""" LOL :lmao:

On the Hotel note, Am done with that Crappy Hotel. I would stay at P.J 's suggested hotel place or stay in Harrisburg on the way into Carlisle..staying only one night.
The Opel Group has changed, the old timers are dropping out slowly.. as you can see in the last few Carlisle shows.
But that just how the world rolls, It is what it is....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.