Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,, I just checked the Hotel with a bunch of search engines for that weekend May 15 - 17
Seems that our Host Hotel is booked... so they say.. Rooms Unavailable "" Sold Out""

Update : I called the desk and the clerk told me there were only 15 rooms left that weekend, and no block of rooms have been booked with the Opel Group yet? I think we need to get the ball moving on this... The Hotel has been renovated and the rooms are a bit nicer,, new beds, furniture,,etc
""" But it's where "" Us Opelers like to Stay""
The Host Hotel as they say...

https://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=356980&label=postbooking_confemail&lang=en-gb&sid=90b0a95684de24e161b53027e726768a&sb=1&src=hotel&src_elem=sb&error_url=https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/quality-inn-carlisle2.en-gb.html?aid=356980;label=postbooking_confemail;sid=90b0a95684de24e161b53027e726768a;group_adults=2;group_children=0;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;type=total&;&highlighted_hotels=549420&hp_sbox=1&ss=Carlisle&is_ski_area=0&ssne=Carlisle&ssne_untouched=Carlisle&city=20106494&checkin_year=2020&checkin_month=5&checkin_monthday=15&checkout_year=2020&checkout_month=5&checkout_monthday=17&group_adults=2&group_children=0&no_rooms=1&from_sf=1

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dickinson graduation is 5/16 and 5/17. So that might add to a room shortage.
I think we should book the 15 rooms,then,, ?? are all the hotels going to be booked for that weekend for the Graduation??maybe

""Is There Any Member Here Who Lives Near The Carlisle Fair Grounds Who Can Check Hotels for May 15-17 2020 for the Opel's at Carlisle Group for Us?""""

I think we usually reserved 30 rooms:thinking::thinking:

There might be rooms there... that were never renovated,, maybe we end up getting old rooms... Look at the size of the place... two story hotel. It Has Wings https://www.google.com/maps/@40.2339383,-77.1160312,285m/data=!3m1!1e3

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
The Super 8 across the street from Quality Inn has more than doubled their price from last year.
Then again they might have upped their price because of the Graduation as well. I'd say let's get the rooms booked now so we'd have something. I've never attended so I'm in the dark about the whole thing. Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about the Diamond Castle.. It'd down the road from the Qualilty Inn more toward the fair grounds

Travel lodge behind it is $67/night.

WE need to book a block of rooms now,,, I think with the Graduation and all ... the sooner the better,, :yup:

Be nice if someone local to the area could give us some Input too :yup: That would be very Cool

Otherwise.. it will be every Opeler for themselves.again this year . and the die hards that have to stay at the Quality Inn and pay the price$ for being next to the middlesex diner ... to roll out of bed have breakfast without a Start Of The Opel and arrive..at the showfield..yea..anytime is a Carlisle Tradition... who would give that up..just saying

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
WE need to book a block of rooms now,,, I think with the Graduation and all ... the sooner the better,, :yup:

Be nice if someone local to the area could give us some Input too :yup: That would be very Cool

Otherwise.. it will be every Opeler for themselves.again this year . and the die hards that have to stay at the Quality Inn and pay the price$ for being next to the middlesex diner ... to roll out of bed have breakfast without a Start Of The Opel and arrive..at the showfield..yea..anytime is a Carlisle Tradition... who would give that up..just saying
It appears that Carlisle is a "snooze, you loose." Event. :ugh: Jarrell

·
Super Moderator
3,121 Posts
Who says we have to stay near the show field or close to our "usual" hotel? Aren't there hotels maybe a few exits down the road that are good for us? So it takes an extra 15 minutes to get the the show field... So what? Just a thought...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Who says we have to stay near the show field or close to our "usual" hotel? Aren't there hotels maybe a few exits down the road that are good for us? So it takes an extra 15 minutes to get the the show field... So what? Just a thought...
Exactly. So the big Questions are What Hotel/Motel are we take over and occupy? Is there someone who can check it out? What is the general consensus on this. Thanks, Jarrell

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,442 Posts
This is one of those wierd weekends becuase May 1st is the first weekend.

So Dickinson moved their graduation off the Mothers Day weekend and now it clashes with Carlisle.

Carlisle should have moved to the weekend of the 25th..

This used to happen a lot during the first few years.

I will call around and see what there is maybe we can find a better hotel

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Exactly. So the big Questions are What Hotel/Motel are we take over and occupy? Is there someone who can check it out? What is the general consensus on this. Thanks, Jarrell

Couldn't find the original thread, but with help from Roy Bell, I managed to sign up for Carlisle. I can't wait to go to my first Event at Carlisle.:banana::banana: Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Jarrell, they have a strict "No Mullet" Rule! :sad6:

Harold
Harold, You know all I have is long hair, NO Mullett. BTW, I have hair, do you? Last time I saw you the sun was shining off that "Chrome Dome" :lmao: Hope to see you there old man. :cool:Jarrell

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
1 - 20 of 109 Posts