Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Administrator
10,048 Posts
Uhhh....it appears that this thread's title no longer reflects where we're staying and it seems likely that we'll have to stay at several hotels to accommodate everybody.

Howsabout one of the moderators renaming this thread something more generic like: The Carlisle Hotel thread May 15th-17th 2020 or something similar.

:veryhappy
Your wish is my command Herr Gordo. (LOL)

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Your wish is my command Herr Gordo. (LOL)
Really Gary,,,, That's not a good Heading for the web page... Can't you just merge the two threads into Charles Thread Please ...as you Know his in Charge of this Hotel booking Deals... Good work :yup: Thanks

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,442 Posts
FWIW..

WE have a New NEW Hotel..

Further up I-81 but Just OFF I-81 so easier to get to long run. Given the other hotel is up US-11 from our old Hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harrisburg West
2055 Technology Pkwy.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 US

They would be $137

WE will have 30 rooms AND a Meeting Room.

The OTHER Hotel we will still have as an option should we run out of room with the 30 rooms at the first hotel.

I will edit this post once I get all the info.

Sorry about any confusion. Just given how hard it was to find a hotel at all that had room.. jumped at the first one that was reasonable.

Reactions: soybean

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
FWIW..

WE have a New NEW Hotel..

Further up I-81 but Just OFF I-81 so easier to get to long run. Given the other hotel is up US-11 from our old Hotel.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harrisburg West
2055 Technology Pkwy.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 US

They would be $137

WE will have 30 rooms AND a Meeting Room.

The OTHER Hotel we will still have as an option should we run out of room with the 30 rooms at the first hotel.

I will edit this post once I get all the info.

Sorry about any confusion. Just given how hard it was to find a hotel at all that had room.. jumped at the first one that was reasonable.

Man this was confusing:confused: Glad I jumped on the first one. I know where I'm staying, I hope.:p
I hope I end up at the right one.:yup: I do have a confirmation nos for somewhere.:confused: Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Looks like another split up Group...No worries .. Am booked at the first one... 10 Kings/ 10 Queens , another 6 miles pasted our old hotel, We'll make the Best of it for Sure!:yup:
My rate came to 127.62 per night.. The place has a meeting room too.. Since Charles booked the of block Rooms ,, can you call talk to same person and book the meeting room too for us staying there ...thanks please. we already have a bunch of us booked already//Thanks

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Looks like another split up Group...No worries .. Am booked at the first one... 10 Kings/ 10 Queens , another 6 miles pasted our old hotel, We'll make the Best of it for Sure!:yup:
My rate came to 127.62 per night.. The place has a meeting room too.. Since Charles booked the of block Rooms ,, can you call talk to same person and book the meeting room too for us staying there ...thanks please. we already have a bunch of us booked already//Thanks
Yeah Man, I called I am booked at 6325 Carlisle Pike Holiday Inn, so I'm there baby, bring it on. :veryhappy Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Same here Hotel Change... It is what it is... That's Carlisle ... It's a tradition :yup:

The Group Rate 127, was good Deal no refunds, unless you pay 159 :no:
Hotel #1
https://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/mechanicsburg/mdtmb/hoteldetail?CQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7cvunQ42f6HIncateztt0k8rTIiWHuTw9-zAE9RQn3awLqkVuZk3p4aAmxJEALw_wcB&cid=26985&srb_u=1

( 6 miles Past the Old Hotel on left,opposite the show field ) easy to find.. There should be 20 or more rooms block for us..
use Select the Club Rate) 10 Queens /10 King ( Queens always a little more expensive)

·
Opeler
1,169 Posts
Same here Hotel Change... It is what it is... That's Carlisle ... It's a tradition :yup:

The Group Rate 127, was good Deal no refunds, unless you pay 159 :no:

https://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/mechanicsburg/mdtmb/hoteldetail?CQiAiZPvBRDZARIsAORkq7cvunQ42f6HIncateztt0k8rTIiWHuTw9-zAE9RQn3awLqkVuZk3p4aAmxJEALw_wcB&cid=26985&srb_u=1

( 6 miles Past the Old Hotel on left,opposite the show field ) easy to find.. There should be 20 or more rooms block for us..
use Select the Club Rate) 10 Queens /10 King ( Queens always a little more expensive)
I used their website and got that rate. Didnt need to call.

Karl

·
7,442 Posts
OK.. The previous Hotel that works. Just they only had 20 rooms reserved.

Often we need in excess of 30 ( Thus the second hotel ).

BUT if others go online and get the new hotel BUT DO NOT get the locked rooms then that will get us the 30 rooms with a block out for the late people.

Real issue is unlike years past the chance of going across the street to get a room is minimal. THey have 3 events going on right now.

So, Hotel #2 will be the backup hotel for those that find there is no room in the end. This works best anyway as the second hotel has a cut off date in late April as opposed to March 15.

We have the best of both worlds. 50 hotel rooms, and the two Holiday Inns are not far from each other. In the same general area.

Attachments

·
Opeler
748 Posts
Charles,

What is the cancellation policy for the rooms blocked at each hotel? I like to make reservations early but not if I can't cancel a reasonable time before the event. You never know what may come up before then. This year I'm waiting for details on the Manta 50th road trip in CA. I'm pretty sure I want to go and I'll probably visit my son in CA after the trip so I may not make it to Carlisle.

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
OK.. if everyone wants to call and get the previous Hotel that works. Just they only had 20 rooms and didnt have the meeting room.

So long story short. We will keep Hotel #1 as the Main Hotel, and I will see if we can get a meeting room there.

Hotel #2 will be the backup hotel for those that find there is no room in the end. This works best anyway as the second hotel has a cut off date in late April as opposed to March 15.

We have the best of both worlds. 50 hotel rooms, and the two Holiday Inns are not far from each other. In the same general area.

So Hotel #1 is 6 miles further than old Hotel ,that's not too bad ,30 min from show field, and Hotel#2 is almost 40 minutes away from the Showfield?
Is that Correct ? I hope they don't mind us with Trailers,, hope not... too bad..LOL

Please find out about the meeting rooms Hotel #1 on web site ...I think they have a couple Thanks

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
OK.. if everyone wants to call and get the previous Hotel that works. Just they only had 20 rooms and didnt have the meeting room.

Often we need in excess of 30.

BUT if others go online and get the new hotel BUT DO NOT get the locked rooms then that will get us the 30 rooms with a block out for the late people.

Real issue is unlike years past the chance of going across the street to get a room is minimal. THey have 3 events going on right now.

So long story short. We will keep Hotel #1 as the Main Hotel, and I will see if we can get a meeting room there.

Hotel #2 will be the backup hotel for those that find there is no room in the end. This works best anyway as the second hotel has a cut off date in late April as opposed to March 15.

Hey, I called and got my room changed to an earlier date, Rate lowered to the lower price, at the same place, on the phone. Remember the telephone? You pick it up, it makes a noise, you punch in a nos, you talk to a person, (even though they hardly speak English), tell them the dates you want, write it down, ask for a confirmation nos, write it down, Jezze Louise, You have a room. Crap that was hard.:lmao:
Charles is right, best of both worlds. Next time, I would recommend someone scoping it earlier, Take care, Jarrell

·
7,442 Posts
Hey, I called and got my room changed to an earlier date, Rate lowered to the lower price, at the same place, on the phone. Remember the telephone? You pick it up, it makes a noise, you punch in a nos, you talk to a person, (even though they hardly speak English), tell them the dates you want, write it down, ask for a confirmation nos, write it down, Jezze Louise, You have a room. Crap that was hard.:lmao:
Charles is right, best of both worlds. Next time, I would recommend someone scoping it earlier, Take care, Jarrell
Already on it.. for 2021.. looking at a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal nice place to have everyone and probably for no more than a hotel.

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Already on it.. for 2021.. looking at a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal nice place to have everyone and probably for no more than a hotel.

Good Planning Charles... Good to make the future plans for Carlisle...New Hotel's Sound Good
It's has Been Long Time over due.... New Host Hotel :yup:

Let's keep this thread to the "" 2020 Opel Carlisle Hotel thread"" :hijacked:
Please,..

·
Opeler
844 Posts
As with most car shows, drinking is prohibited on the showfield. Although I seem to recall that Carlisle sold beer. Of course, people still do down a few beers at car shows, but discreetly, and hopefully not with the intent to get wasted.
Actually, here is the Carlisle show field alcohol policy:

Attachments

61 - 80 of 109 Posts