Opel GT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Sounds good Gary, who do we chip in to, to get this "refreshment" delivered. Ya'll are making it tough for a ''non Drinker":p Jarrell
That was back when the Kirby's offered to cook on the showfield. Gina is heavily into showing her award winning Italian Greyhounds now and is very successful at it. She was on national TV in the Thanksgiving day dog show.
I do not anticipate them having the time do do that again.

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,435 Posts
Reactions: soybean

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
I doubt we are there for 2020, as our son Tristan’s graduation is that same weekend. We don’t live far away, and his graduation is in Reading PA, so we MIGHT bring our camper out for the weekend and travel from there (especially given the hotel situation). As for beer, there are good beer stores for kegs in the Carlisle area. I brought one of my CO2 tanks and regulators for the weekend which both saved a few dollars and kept the beer fresh the whole weekend. Whether it is worthwhile depends on how many people pitch in. There’s never a lack of beer at Carlisle, but it was pretty nice having a keg on hand for the weekend, especially for some of us diehards.

Reactions: kevinfier and Gary

·
Opel Addicts
2,463 Posts
[We just booked at the Super 8 across from the old hotel and Middlesex Diner (important place to be) 1 King room with breakfast for 2 nights = 150 some bucks total. May have to park the trailer across the street, but they will never know :)

Vickie and Allen
P.S. Did booking.com and reservation can be cancelled up til May 13

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I had booked the Holiday Inn on Carlisle Pike thru Trivago on Friday. I posted on Friday but can't find it... I guess I'm just not up to speed on this New/revised site.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
I had booked the Holiday Inn on Carlisle Pike thru Trivago on Friday. I posted on Friday but can't find it... I guess I'm just not up to speed on this New/revised site.
Click on your avatar and then "My Profile" and select "Replies". That lists all of you posts.

I think this was the one you mentioned:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Click on your avatar and then "My Profile" and select "Replies". That lists all of you posts.

I think this was the one you mentioned:
Thanks Keith I'm learning it slowly

·
Opeler
465 Posts
So many hotel discussions. Would someone post a summary of the top three hotels please. I've heard of two different Holiday Inns and the Super 8. What is the top choice.......you know, where the party will be!

·
7,435 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)

Just Cancelled Reservation in Hotel #1 Holiday Inn Express, was purchased with no refund
Called the front desk talked manager and told them show is cancelled,.😕

Not a Problem I was told ..issued me Cancellation and refund. asap👍... so relax Gordo..

Not sure if I want to book back at the place we love to hate..Where Opeler's like to stay,...LOL
.. I was wondering what the group rate in August would be?.... Charles?
The only reason we looked for new Hotel was it was Booked Up for those dates.. am just saying

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Just Cancelled Reservation in Hotel #1 Holiday Inn Express, was purchased with no refund
Called the front desk talked manager and told them show is cancelled,.😕

Not a Problem I was told ..issued me Cancellation and refund. asap👍... so relax Gordo..

Not sure if I want to book back at the place we love to hate..Where Opeler's like to stay,...LOL
.. I was wondering what the group rate in August would be?.... Charles?
The only reason we looked for new Hotel was it was Booked Up for those dates.. am just saying
Mike did you book direct with the Hotel? I used Trivago ... They say to call the company that they used directly... but they seem hard to reach. b4 calling the hotel I want as much info as possible. I'd be ok with them just changing the dates IF I can't get a refund. I can also try my credit card company and dispute the charge

·
7,435 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Mike did you book direct with the Hotel? I used Trivago ... They say to call the company that they used directly... but they seem hard to reach. b4 calling the hotel I want as much info as possible. I'd be ok with them just changing the dates IF I can't get a refund. I can also try my credit card company and dispute the charge
Call the Hotel front Desk. Then she'll issues a Official Cancellation from the Hotel ( Source) and then Return will be Issued as Payed, C.C etc.... that what I was told, then a confirmation of cancel and refund
e-mail too
thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express maybe next time ...Nice :)

Gosh, It's going to be a very Interesting Carlisle this Year.... for sure....

Being home,,, with Opelitus, Got bad... got things done on My Opel GT I would of never thought I'd have time ..LOL
Stay Healthy Opeler's Method of Treatment (y)

Reactions: dpre

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thanks Mike I'll call the hotel directly... Too late today 5:34 AZ time 8:34 East Coast time... I've done very little on my Opels and other cars here.. I ride my Bike trying to get ready for the National Championships... if they are not cancelled.
Plus I'm trying to straighten up my house here .... My g/f thinks I have too much clutter... What is she talking about doesn't everyone have bikes in the living room and Opel parts in the Pantry and 4 cars in a 3 car garage and and and? Any luck in selling the MGB?

·
Senior Contributor
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Thanks Mike I'll call the hotel directly... Too late today 5:34 AZ time 8:34 East Coast time... I've done very little on my Opels and other cars here.. I ride my Bike trying to get ready for the National Championships... if they are not cancelled.
Plus I'm trying to straighten up my house here .... My g/f thinks I have too much clutter... What is she talking about doesn't everyone have bikes in the living room and Opel parts in the Pantry and 4 cars in a 3 car garage and and and? Any luck in selling the MGB?
Holy Cow, Your getting back into the Bike racing again.... cool good for you!
Wish you all the best,,, national champ,,cheers, You have lots of toys out west,, where do you sleep j/k
The MGB is still for sale..thought I could sell it.. if you know British cars.. freakn cork gaskets leaking everywhere again,again, again, nature of the beast,, Runs great, want to trade LOL

81 - 100 of 109 Posts